take picture to look up address?? is there an app for that?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by Natesac, Oct 26, 2009.

1. Natesac macrumors 6502a

Natesac

im looking for an app that would allow me to quickly take a picture of an address (printed on paper) and have the app automatically look up that address in google maps. This would be a big help in my job. I find myself typing addresses into the maps app all day and it would be so much easier if I could just snap a quick pic of the address and be on my way.

2. samcraig macrumors P6

couldn't you just email yourself the address if you don't want to type it into the iphone?

I don't believe there's an app for that yet.

3. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

No app yet but some text recognition app would be neat.

4. Pika macrumors 68000

Pika

5. Natesac thread starter macrumors 6502a

Natesac

I looked at babbleshot and it seemed like it was not quite what I'm looking for.
    I just need a very simple app that uses the camera to read an address off of a slip of paper and quickly finds it in the maps app.

6. LostLogik macrumors 6502a

7. ajnicho macrumors 6502a

I cant see there being a big market for this type of app. I think Babelshot will be the closest thing to it.

May be just copy and paste the text in to another app

8. Eric Isaacson macrumors 6502

9. xsecretfiles macrumors 6502

dammit why did I not think of this?? the iphone camera alraedy gives coordinates and addresses, it's just a matter of pluging them into a map

:mad:

10. lllll macrumors regular

That would be a cool apps. Take picture of a landmark in NYC. the apps recognize it and input the following address and info 1234 W Apple st. NY, NY 99999 (belong to Rockefeller) with option to save it to address book or email it to someone.

You know who would love this app? a stalker. a rapist. a serial killer. and Paparazzi.

Paparazzi chase after Angelina Jolie. Angelina dash into a mansion. P-man takes pic of the mansion. The apps give him address and info. 5678 E Hollywood blvd, LA, CA 90210 (belong to Billy Bob Thorton).

11. sivamahesh macrumors newbie

give address

Attached Files:

12. sarahzohar88 macrumors newbie

Yes! i'm also too much interested in this question