Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Natesac

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 29, 2008
Dallas,Tx
im looking for an app that would allow me to quickly take a picture of an address (printed on paper) and have the app automatically look up that address in google maps. This would be a big help in my job. I find myself typing addresses into the maps app all day and it would be so much easier if I could just snap a quick pic of the address and be on my way.

samcraig

macrumors P6
Jun 22, 2009
USA
couldn't you just email yourself the address if you don't want to type it into the iphone?

I don't believe there's an app for that yet.

Natesac

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 29, 2008
Dallas,Tx
I looked at babbleshot and it seemed like it was not quite what I'm looking for.
I just need a very simple app that uses the camera to read an address off of a slip of paper and quickly finds it in the maps app.

ajnicho

macrumors 6502a
Sep 24, 2008
I cant see there being a big market for this type of app. I think Babelshot will be the closest thing to it.

May be just copy and paste the text in to another app

xsecretfiles

macrumors 6502
Aug 1, 2008
dammit why did I not think of this?? the iphone camera alraedy gives coordinates and addresses, it's just a matter of pluging them into a map

:mad:

lllll

macrumors regular
Oct 23, 2009
That would be a cool apps. Take picture of a landmark in NYC. the apps recognize it and input the following address and info 1234 W Apple st. NY, NY 99999 (belong to Rockefeller) with option to save it to address book or email it to someone.

You know who would love this app? a stalker. a rapist. a serial killer. and Paparazzi.

Paparazzi chase after Angelina Jolie. Angelina dash into a mansion. P-man takes pic of the mansion. The apps give him address and info. 5678 E Hollywood blvd, LA, CA 90210 (belong to Billy Bob Thorton).

sivamahesh

macrumors newbie
Jun 21, 2013
give address

Attachments

• mahesh mahesh.jpg
    mahesh mahesh.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 390
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.