Take the Bold challenge

Pharmscott

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 13, 2011
Sacramento, CA
This is not an iOS7 love or hate post. Having said that...

I'm fine with the flat design. But choosing such thin fonts for a small screen seems like a bad idea. Why is making it harder to read a stylish choice?

I turned on the Bold font option in Accessibility just to try it out. The phone is SO much easier to read and use. My eyesight is fine, by the way. Try out bold. You might just like it.

firedept

macrumors 603
Jul 8, 2011
Somewhere!
The bold font selection is a nice option. I wear progressive bifocals, so fine fonts are near impossible to read.

chris566

macrumors regular
Oct 11, 2010
Carolina
Bold is great. For me, it gives an ios 6 keyboard look that I prefer. Everything seems crisper with more contrast.

eelw

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2012
Well let's give it a try. I had only ios7 on my back up iPhone 4. My iPhone 5 was jailbroken on iOS 6.1. But last week had it replaced under warranty for battery issue. Lucky replacement phone came with iOS 7.0.4.

ET iPhone Home

macrumors 68040
Oct 5, 2011
Orange County, California USA
This is not an iOS7 love or hate post. Having said that...

I'm fine with the flat design. But choosing such thin fonts for a small screen seems like a bad idea. Why is making it harder to read a stylish choice?

I turned on the Bold font option in Accessibility just to try it out. The phone is SO much easier to read and use. My eyesight is fine, by the way. Try out bold. You might just like it.
I don't see this option on mine. I have a 4S. Is this option required to the latest iOS update?

eelw

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2012
Gave it a day, didn't like it and turned it back off. The title bars looked nice in bold, but didn't like how it looked in apps.

Oohara

macrumors 68030
Jun 28, 2012
Pretty nice for making the text on the lockscreen more readable. But the titles of some of my apps get jammed together on the home screen :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.