take the deal?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by rockbouncer91, Oct 25, 2010.

  1. rockbouncer91 macrumors newbie

    Oct 22, 2010
    I found a deal where I could get the 13" base mbp for 999, but am hesitant because a refresh may be soon. I have a laptop that works fine for now, but I'm not sure if its better to save $300 and get the current one, or wait and pay more for a newer model... any comments and advice?
  2. Tankfantry macrumors regular


    Apr 21, 2010
    Houston, Texas
    It boils down to a few things.

    1. Do you need it now?
    2. Do you have the extra $300 to splash on the newer model?
    3. Will the $999.00 model work for all your intended applications?
  3. rockbouncer91 thread starter macrumors newbie

    Oct 22, 2010
    I dont "need" one persay, as my current laptop will suffice for my basic activities, but the deal just seemed pretty enticing and I made some money recently so it seemed like a very fortunate coincidence...
  4. deeddawg macrumors 604

    Jun 14, 2010
    I'm no expert, so forgive me if I'm misunderstanding your question, but my understanding is $999 is normal everyday price for a 13" MBP (4GB ram/250GB HDD) at Microcenter if you have one nearby. Similar config is also $1019 at the Apple Refurbished Store.

    Point being, don't let the sense of a "great deal" cloud your judgement in terms of assessing whether you need an upgrade now or can wait.
  5. Resist macrumors 68030

    Jan 15, 2008
    If you have to ask this question on a forum, then wait to buy. Then again saving $300 in this economy is nothing to sneeze at.
  6. Identity Fraud macrumors 6502

    Sep 11, 2009
    Not buying a computer when you one that functions for all your needs saves more.

    If you have a laptop that works fine for your needs consider waiting until it ceases to function or you out grow it.
  7. rockbouncer91 thread starter macrumors newbie

    Oct 22, 2010
  8. DanMacApple macrumors 6502

    Jul 1, 2010
    The $300 savings is nice but if you really want the newer version when it is released then wait, as the $999 deal will probably be back or at least within a few months there will be refurbised models for sale.

Share This Page