Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Zeebedy

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 10, 2011
Scotland, UK
Hey guys,

I currently have a Mac Pro and a iPad 2. My question is do I also add a 11" MBA?

I am starting college in a few weeks time doing Graphic Design. I can use the equipment at college but wondering if having a MBA would be beneficial after watching videos on YT of the Air performing well against CS4-5.

What do you think, waste of money in my case?

RTJ

clyde2801

macrumors 601
Hey guys,

I currently have a Mac Pro and a iPad 2. My question is do I also add a 11" MBA?

I am starting college in a few weeks time doing Graphic Design. I can use the equipment at college but wondering if having a MBA would be beneficial after watching videos on YT of the Air performing well against CS4-5.

What do you think, waste of money in my case?

RTJ

Umm...do you think you'll be working at the mac pro, or do you envision also working on cs projects in between classes out of your dorm room? If it's to just take notes during class, a bluetooth keyboard will allow your 'pad to do that about as well as the air.

Zeebedy

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 10, 2011
Scotland, UK
Thanks for the reply.

I am staying at home, its a college in the UK (not quite the same as University).

I will be doing all my work at home on the MP. I was just thinking of using it as a replacement for the Macs/PCs going to be used at college, for note taking and CS4/5?

RTH

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.