Take ur mind off Leopard for a minute, and help me with this!

Discussion in 'macOS' started by coocooforcocoap, Oct 27, 2007.

1. coocooforcocoap macrumors regular

coocooforcocoap

Enough leopard jeez lueeze! instead tell me how to do this on a new mbp setup:

* end to end color calibration of my screen, scanner, and printer *

Looking for a tut that takes me through the entire process, not omitting any steps (ie. printer dialog). the whole sheebang. The end goals is to be able to scan a photo, manipulate the photo in PS, and then print the results in accurate color.

here is what i got: Canon Lide 35 scanner, new MBP, external SyncMaster 720b lcd, Photoshop CS3, Canon i905D color inkjet. All hardware is working great. Here is what i did so far:

I used colorsync to create a monitor profile for the mbp and the external monitor to match the colors between those two. nice.

so i scan a photo just using the default settings from the scanner driver. looks pretty darn close there (the original and the scan on screen). then i print using these settings to get the closest colors to original:

[​IMG]

but it's off a bit. looks too blue overall...greens are lost.

Well, thanks for taking your time out from Leopard to help me here:D

2. bubblegum80 macrumors member

3. coocooforcocoap thread starter macrumors regular

coocooforcocoap

yeah i know, where else to post it? it involves the os, print drivers, ps, settings bla bla ...??

4. Queso macrumors G4

Your best bet is to repost this thread in the design and graphics forum. The posters there will have done this many times.

Best of luck :)

5. coocooforcocoap thread starter macrumors regular

coocooforcocoap

thanks, will do!