Takes a long time to wake from full sleep

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by onthecouchagain, Oct 11, 2012.

1. onthecouchagain macrumors 604

onthecouchagain

Does anyone else's MBA take a long time to wake from full sleep? As in... when it goes into that deep-sleep mode, opening the lid and being able to punch in the password takes anywhere from 4-6 seconds long. I feel this is slower than even before. I'm on the latest ML on a 2011 Air.

What gives? I thought the advantage of having SDDs was that it wakes super fast. My partner's MBP 15" (2011) wakes faster from full sleep I noticed.

Anyone else?

2. erpetao macrumors regular

3. caoimhe macrumors member

caoimhe

Mine does now. It was a lot faster before the last update!

4. KPOM macrumors G5

The MPB doesn't drop down into the same "full sleep." The advantage of the MacBook Air is that it will keep a charge up to 30 days in deep sleep. The MacBook Pro will lose about 10-20% battery each day. If you keep the MacBook Air plugged in, or insert something into the USB port, it won't drop down into deep sleep and you should have the near instantaneous wakes.

5. drsox macrumors 65816

drsox

Seems to me to be an unfortunate side effect of 10.8.2. I downgraded to Lion and this extra lag isn't apparent. I too have a 2011 MBA.

6. KPOM macrumors G5

Odd. I recall on my 2011 in Lion that wake from deep sleep took about 6-7 seconds and even wake from normal sleep took about 3 seconds. I had heard that Mountain Lion made it quicker. I have a 2012 now so I can't test it. On the 2012s, regular wake is nearly instantaneous, and wake from deep sleep takes about 3-4 seconds on average.

7. thejadedmonkey macrumors 604

thejadedmonkey

I'd love 4-6 seconds. I generally get 6-8 seconds before the mouse even appears, and then another ~5 seconds after that before I can begin typing in my password.

8. onthecouchagain thread starter macrumors 604

onthecouchagain

Wish this wasn't the case. It's kind of false advertising on their website when they say "instant wake".

9. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

10. tredstone macrumors regular

2012 MBA 13" running 10.8.2. Definitely takes about ~5 seconds before the mouse cursor becomes active.