takes a looong time to get voicemail messages

Learjet035

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 24, 2005
S. Floriduh
anyone else having this problem?
Someone calls, I cant get to the phone, I know they left me a message.
I wait, and wait, and wait until finally, literally ten minutes later i get my message. What the heck?
PS. I love this phone, just want it perfect

carman63

macrumors regular
Oct 27, 2006
I wait, and wait, and wait until finally, literally ten minutes later i get my message. What the heck?
Visual Voicemail downloads the voice messages to your phone. So I suspect it's taking that long because a) you have slow connectivity to EDGE and/or b)the person is leaving a long message :)

BiikeMike

macrumors 65816
Sep 17, 2005
Wirelessly posted (Treo: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows 98; PalmSource/Palm-D052; Blazer/4.5) 16;320x320)

it actually stores the message ON your phone?

How much space does that take up?

aristobrat

macrumors G5
Oct 14, 2005
Like carman63's thought, I think it has something to do with AT&Ts network.

Sometimes I get notified immediately, ... the other day, I had a VM arrive 2 hours after the person called!!!!!

A workaround (if you think someone left you a VM but it hasn't popped up in Visual Voicemail yet) is to dial by number and press/hold the 1 button. That calls your voicemail the old-fashioned way.

unity

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2005
Green Bay, WI
Wirelessly posted (Treo: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows 98; PalmSource/Palm-D052; Blazer/4.5) 16;320x320)

it actually stores the message ON your phone?

How much space does that take up?
Yes and not much room. Comes in handy when you need to review a message but have no coverage or are in Airplane mode.

siurpeeman

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2006
the OC
a tip. if you don't want to wait for the message to show up on visual voicemail, just call your voicemail to retrieve your message.