Taking a jailbreak off of an iPad...

Discussion in 'iPad Hacks' started by Joppik, Sep 23, 2010.

1. Joppik macrumors newbie

I recently came into possession of a jail broken iPad, which seems to be all the rage for idevices. However, I have seen no advantages for me personally to use the jail broken features, seeing as i don't understand most of them to begin with. I want to take the jailbreak off of it, my problem is, that i am unsure what will happen to various games I've already been playing. (it was a buddy of mines, that I have been playing off and on when we hang out for months). It seems as though, from what I've read, the only way to do this, is to do a full restore of the iPad. What I am worried about, is losing the data from the games i have put a lot of time in, primarily, imobsters, peggle, and cat physics. Does anyone know if there is a way for me to save them and have them still at that point after a restore?

TLDR: does doing a restore of an iPad delete saved game data on peggle, imobsters, and cat physics?

2. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

Every time you sync your iPad, iTunes automatically backs up things like app data (including game saves). Open iTunes, sync your iPad, then once the sync is done hit Restore and let iTunes do its thing. After the restore is done, iTunes will ask if you want to restore from your latest backup, and all you have to do is hit yes. Easy as :)

3. Joppik thread starter macrumors newbie

Awesome! thank you so much if that works! I don't understand the whole jailbreak thing, and having looked at a couple things trying to find my answer before resorting to making a post to find out... Worried me, it talked of blobs, and many other things I have no idea about... I was quite worried that the iPad would never be normal again.... Thanks again!

4. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

One problem I see is that those games are tied to the previous owners iTunes account. You'd likely need to repurchase them in order to get them back onto your iPad after a restore.

5. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

If it is a 32GB iPad and it is in good condition, I will exchange my brand new IPad for yours (if you have 3.2.1 SHSHS saved) :D:D

I miss Jailbraking on my iPad, can't wait for the new JB to be released :(

6. Joppik thread starter macrumors newbie

Second question than, my buddy got curious about doing something. He just got an iPhone 4, and he's planning on doing some switching on some things to keep some of his files... If I restore the iPad, without having any of that weird stuff saved, is it possible to rejailbreak it?