Taking a jailbroken iphone to apple store.

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Darklight981, Nov 20, 2009.

1. Darklight981 macrumors newbie

well, i manged to drop my iphone while i was running. the power button is jammed into my phone and it wont turn on. i tried snycing to my computer, to see if the phone will turn on, no luck.

i scheduled an appointment at the genuis bar for them to take a look at but i have one major problems. before when my phone was working i decided to jailbreak the phone for custom themes and apps from cydia. since i cant restore my phone to factory settings and the phone is stuck jailbroken will the genuis bar refuse to repair my phone??

thanks for any help:D

2. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    Well if they can't turn it on it shouldn't be a problem. Honestly it's a "physical problem" not a software problem. They might not even care if it is jailbroken.

3. Darklight981 thread starter macrumors newbie

thats what i was thinking. the phones warranty has expired so they just wont replace the phone for me so i will have to pay the Out-of-Warranty Service Fee, which im fine with. im just worried that after they fix my hardware problem, the JB firmware will still be on the phone and would they charge me a fee or refuse to give phone back.

4. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

Is there a way to get the power button to come back out a bit so you can at least turn it on? You should try holding down the home button while plugging the phone into iTunes. That will force the phone into recovery mode hopefully.

5. Darklight981 thread starter macrumors newbie

ok this is what i tried. i pressed the tip of a pen on to the power button. all that happens is i get back lines across the screen. i pluged the phone into my computer, itunes recongizes it but it says its in recovery mode. i tried restoring but i get an error 28.

6. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

Try the instructions in my signature for recovery mode and see if the restore works.