Taking a Jailbroken phone to apple store ?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by mansa, Jun 10, 2010.

1. mansa macrumors member

My phone is completely dead wont switch on wont charge. I have tried various things to no avail. The phone is still within the warranty period my phone however has been jailbroken. My questions are will it matter if they can't switch it on ? will they open it up because it has been repaired previously by a third party which also voids the warranty or will they just give me a new phone? And finally if they see it has been jail broken will they try to confiscate the phone ?

Please note I am in the UK.

Thanks !

UPDATE BELOW

2. Badfoot macrumors 6502

They can't confiscate it if it belongs to you, they can however refuse to honour the warranty. Q. why did you let a 3rd party repairer near it while it was still under warranty ?

Anyhow, the worst is they won't touch it under warranty, so you have nothing to loose by going to Apple.

One other thought, your 3rd party repairer, do you want to approach him again to see if he can fix it ?.

3. SAD*FACED*CLOWN macrumors 65816

SAD*FACED*CLOWN

Apple will reject it if it is jailbroken, that voids the warranty...and they can find out if it has been serviced by a non Apple personnel which also voids the warranty

4. mansa thread starter macrumors member

Thanks I will say what they say.

I had it fixed by a third party insurer because it was a broken screen and I was told that when they fix a screen the warranty is voided anyway so i went with the cheaper option. Plus I didn't want to lose the jail break.