Taking apart Powerbook G4 Battery

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by SawyerTHEBEST, Feb 7, 2013.

1. SawyerTHEBEST macrumors member

SawyerTHEBEST

[​IMG]

How do I take this Powerbook G4 battery apart, with out totally breaking it. To replace the cells (its dead)

2. MisterKeeks macrumors 68000

MisterKeeks

This?

3. 4JNA macrumors 68000

4JNA

boom.

i don't know your experience level, but would add a warning. if you have to ask, then you need to stop and think about what your life/health is worth compared to buying a replacement.

these packs have explosive potential. think small roadside IED. even when discharged or if the computer says there is 0% remaining. if you crush is or SHORT it out (ie when taking it apart) there is a real chance of you getting hurt. i would recommend against it.

been there, done that, have a ton of military training. not worth it to save a few bucks. my two cents.

best of luck and good health no matter what you pick.

4. SawyerTHEBEST thread starter macrumors member

SawyerTHEBEST

ohhhhh shucks XD I did it the wrong way from the start :rolleyes: also So I shouldn't just throw this away ? should I take it some were special like battery heaven

5. skateny macrumors 6502

skateny

I'm glad to see that you didn't blow yourself up, and that you probably won't.

I've been taking things apart since I was a child, not always successfully.;) But I won't go near dead batteries or CRTs.

6. g4manimac macrumors 6502

Yeah I dont mess with batteries either its a totally different skill set and from any angle just not worth it.

7. SawyerTHEBEST thread starter macrumors member

SawyerTHEBEST

^_^ yeah i've been taking things apart for a while now to. I knew I was just trying to 1up myself by fixing a battery and I knew it couldn't be 100% safe BUT HAD TO TRY IT.

YOU HAVE TO TRY:apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::(:(:(:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

8. ybz90 macrumors 6502a

ybz90

Plus, when you consider a replacement from somewhere like TechOrbits is only a measly $20...