Taking back 16GB 3G- Replaced with 3GS?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Alucardx03, Jun 22, 2009.

1. Alucardx03 macrumors 6502a

I have a launch iPhone 3G (16GB), which has a few problems. First, the WiFi is acting weird. Occasionally, the WiFi option in settings will be greyed out, even though I have two sources. Second, I've developed hairline cracks on the bottom of the iPhone casing, which seem to be getting worse over time.

My plan was to wait until the 1 year warranty was almost up, then take the iPhone in and (hopefully) exchange it for a new one.

However, the release of the 3GS has confused me a little bit. If I take in my 16GB iPhone 3G, will they replace it with another 3G, or a 3GS? They obviously don't make the 3G in 16GB anymore, so they couldn't replace it with a lower capacity phone.

Honestly, it doesn't matter much to me. I've already upgraded to the 3GS with my brother's eligibility. I was just curious.

2. chrismac00 macrumors 6502a

You will get a 3G. They have plenty of them as refurbished just in case people like you come in :)

3. DaGreat01 macrumors 6502a

DaGreat01

Um you would definitely get someone else's former 16gig iphone 3G . (a refurbished one)

4. TSX macrumors 68030

TSX

They have plenty 3g avalible they even have lots of fist gen iPhones for replacement. If that was the case every 3g owner would have taken it back to apple lol.

5. Shuttermom macrumors newbie

I just exchanged my 16GB white due to cracks and they gave me the exact same thing - 16GB 3G IPHONE. :(

6. SpaceKitty macrumors 68040

SpaceKitty

Welcome to the world of Refurbished iPhones!

Just like with the 1st generation iPhones, they get replaced with refurb 1st generation iPhones today.