Taking care of the retina

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by luharribad, Mar 24, 2014.

1. luharribad macrumors newbie

Hey all, just bought a macbook pro retina and I'm sure happy with it. As you can imagine I'm also extremely protective and oversensitive in caring for it. Today someone put their FINGER on my screen (the nerve!!!) and it created a newton ring (when your finger kinda temporarily indents the pixels on any LCD). Now I can't stop thinking about it, will things like this ruin my retina display?:confused::confused::confused:

2. leman macrumors 604

Your display is covered by a sheet of glass. It is quite robust actually and will withstand occasional touches and scratches (obviously you should't punch it). Just clean it with very slightly damp cloth and be reasonable about how you handle it - you will be fine.

3. Onno macrumors member

I clean mine with a microfiber cloth, if the spots on the screen are bad just put some water on the cloth and everything will be fine. Although I tend to want to cut of every finger that touches my screen ;)

4. luharribad thread starter macrumors newbie

I know it sucks!! When I said spots I meant like the actual pixels bent, kinda like when you put your finger on an HD television if that makes more sense

5. simon48 macrumors 65816

simon48

And they went all rainbow colored right? It'll be fine, it's not going to break because of one little bump.