Taking glorious iPad abroad

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by mac2thefuture, May 6, 2011.

1. mac2thefuture macrumors 65816

Hello. I'll be filling my 3G iPad2 with lots of music, vids, reading material and apps soon for a trip from the UK to Egypt. Any ideas on the best method of getting connected whilst over there - micro sim etc etc......;)

2. Hobbit6003 macrumors member

Hi,

Coincidentally, I'm travelling to Manchester, UK, in a couple of days' time, for a couple of weeks.

I'm wondering, as a tourist, can I get any prepaid microsim for my iPad there? If so, which operator will that be?

TIA,

Kenny

3. Benbikeman macrumors 6502a

Benbikeman

Kenny, pop into any O2 store and you can pick up a free pay-as-you-go SIM. Register it on the iPad and you'll pay £10.21 for a month of 1Gb mobile data plus unlimited wifi via BTopenzone and The Cloud hotspots.

I'm from London, so not sure how prevalent the hotspots are in Manchester, but you'll certainly find them in Starbucks, at train stations, etc.

4. Medium Rare macrumors regular

Medium Rare

I was in Egypt last November. Internet connection is real spotty. If you are in a major hotel ,you should be ok,but if you are travelling around the country, you can expect outages.

5. mac2thefuture thread starter macrumors 65816

^ thanks
    Just interested if I can get a pay and go 3G sim for iPhone 3GS and, a micro sim for iPad2?