Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thenumbersrbad

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 9, 2008
hey guys, i've searched the forums and haven't found anything really on this topic....i'm traveling on sunday with my ipad for the first time, and am wondering about the process of carrying it on the plane....do they make you take it out like a laptop or can you leave it in your carry on?

any help is appreciated! thanks in advance!

maclaptop

macrumors 65816
Apr 8, 2011
Western Hemisphere
They've never checked mine. But its a pain in the ass due to its size. I really wish Apple would build a 7" model. But Steve would never build one. He didn't think of it first, so his ego gets in the way.

No worries, that drove me to buy a Samsung Tab. I must admit I like it a lot. The ideal size for the tray table.

It's so enjoyable to have choices.

benhollberg

macrumors 68020
Mar 8, 2010
The TSA confirmed for the first iPad that they would not require it to be taken out of bags for security.

thenumbersrbad

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 9, 2008
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8H7 Safari/6533.18.5)

Okay! Thanks for the help!

Yeah OMG I read about that, when I'm done using it, it's going back in my carry on!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.