taking ipad on an airplane

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by thenumbersrbad, Apr 29, 2011.

1. thenumbersrbad macrumors 6502

thenumbersrbad

hey guys, i've searched the forums and haven't found anything really on this topic....i'm traveling on sunday with my ipad for the first time, and am wondering about the process of carrying it on the plane....do they make you take it out like a laptop or can you leave it in your carry on?

any help is appreciated! thanks in advance!

2. DeaconGraves macrumors 65816

DeaconGraves

I've never had to remove it from my carry on.

3. maclaptop macrumors 65816

maclaptop

They've never checked mine. But its a pain in the ass due to its size. I really wish Apple would build a 7" model. But Steve would never build one. He didn't think of it first, so his ego gets in the way.

No worries, that drove me to buy a Samsung Tab. I must admit I like it a lot. The ideal size for the tray table.

It's so enjoyable to have choices.

4. benhollberg macrumors 68020

benhollberg

The TSA confirmed for the first iPad that they would not require it to be taken out of bags for security.

5. Fubar1977 macrumors 6502a

Fubar1977

Just don`t leave it behind in the seat pocket like one of our other members did :eek:

6. thenumbersrbad thread starter macrumors 6502

thenumbersrbad

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8H7 Safari/6533.18.5)

Okay! Thanks for the help!

Yeah OMG I read about that, when I'm done using it, it's going back in my carry on!