taking iPhone 4 to a genius under warranty, some advice please!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by rchip, Oct 24, 2011.

1. rchip macrumors regular

Hello! I've just made an appointment to go to the apple store, the home button on my iPhone 4 32gb has been annoying me for some time now. It's the usual problem of it's unresponsive sometimes, like sometimes it takes 5 presses to make it work but the majority of the time it's okay. I bought the phone last december so is still in warranty, i bought it from tesco can i still take it to an apple store for a replacement? Do I need to take the box and charger? I'm unsure if I will be able to replicate the fault in the store as most of the time it works fine but then sometimes it goes really bad! I also have a problem that sometimes it won't charge or link up to the computer, it's as though there is a problem with the connection on it, i've tried other cables as well. Has anyone had that problem? Lastly, if they do offer to exchange for a refurb, is there any point in asking if they can give me a white one :roll eyes: i'm sure they can't but it might be worth a try asking!

Cheers guys.

2. HazyCloud macrumors 68030

HazyCloud

Yes, you can take it to Apple Store and no, they won't exchange it for a different model.

3. rchip thread starter macrumors regular

Thank you! That's good so I know it's not a wasted trip.

Hah yeah i didn't think so, i would love a white one though!

4. HazyCloud macrumors 68030

HazyCloud

You also don't need to take the box or charger with you. If they replace it, they'll usually just give you the phone.

5. ijohnbro macrumors regular

6. rchip thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks, I might call in on the way home from work then if they just need the phone and see if they're ok see me there and then, appointment isn't till friday! no earlier slots. Appreciate the info.

iOS 5 - the saviour of tomorrow!? The future is past, Nike. Get yours.