Taking iPhone back to apple help.

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Nicholas.C, Nov 25, 2008.

1. Nicholas.C macrumors 6502a

I just booked an appointment to see the genius about my iPhone.

my iPhone is jailbroken, I just DFU'D my phone, and restored (as I hurd this helps?) How can I get rid of any trace of jailbrake?

my iPhone has 3 dead pixels, duff battery, dotts on the back?!?!

2. Macgic macrumors 6502

I had the same problem (dead pixels) and was JB. I just restored (w/o dfu) and the "Genius" couldn't tell. They just gave me a new phone and that was it.

3. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    Wirelessly posted (Jeff's iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5F136 Safari/525.20)

I had my iPod touch jailbroken and had to get it replaced, the dfu restore worked perfectly. They most likely won't be able to tell.

4. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

As the other posters have pointed out, this should be good enough for a phone that was just jailbroken. If it had been unlocked is when you can start having problems.

5. Nicholas.C thread starter macrumors 6502a

alright, then on friday I shouldn't have a problemo getting a new phone.

edit: my phone has a crack on the outter screen..

6. Nicholas.C thread starter macrumors 6502a

Great service from apple!!!!

I walked into the bar, and said that "my battery is horrable, my screen has a crack + dead pixel, and teh back of my phone is ruinind"

he tested my battery, and said "It does look a bit horrid as your already on red with 2 hours of useage"

but when he pluged my phone into the amc book to test it i though he was going to test for jailbrake i was like :O?!?!?!?

but yes; brand new iphone 3g (refurbished)