Taking iPhone to England. Advice?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by ceep5588, Jun 25, 2010.

1. ceep5588 macrumors newbie

Iphone 3gs 3.1.3 old bootrom

Spirit Jailbreak

I'm going to England this weekend so I unlocked my phone with Ultrasn0w.

I assume it's unlocked, at least, because I did everything the way I was supposed to.

I don't have a sim card from any other carrier so I can't really check. Anyone have experience traveling overseas with an unlocked iPhone? I'm hoping that when I get there I can just pop in a 02 prepaid card and be all set.

Any advice?

2. Timgs macrumors newbie

i did exactly that. I put in an o2 simm and it worked perfectly. I had a months free internet and free txt messages it was great. Their tariffs are much better there and they have loads to choose from. My Iphone loved it :)

3. ceep5588 thread starter macrumors newbie

Perfect. Do you know if I can just go to any mobile phone store to get a prepaid card? Or do I have to find an 02 (I'm sure they are everywhere).

4. nebo1ss macrumors 68030

Agree with Previous poster. O2 shops are everywhere in London and their tariffs are very good. I had free phone calls to other o2 numbers and I think it was like 20p a minute for the first three minutes each day and then like 5p a minute. They send you a text after the first three minutes letting you know all minutes for the rest of the day are cheaper. They also offer 3G data on their payandgo plans which seem impossible to find in the US. Also in the UK incoming calls are not counted against your minutes only outgoing.

5. ceep5588 thread starter macrumors newbie

I hate AT&T.

And kind of America too. Well, at least American businesses.

6. alanlau007 macrumors member

I have the exact same feeling as yours.

7. nednarm macrumors 6502

Wow I didn't know AT&T did that, I can see why so many people hate them now.

8. ceep5588 thread starter macrumors newbie

It's one thing they do in a list of a billion that makes me wish I could boycott them completely.