Taking Jailbroken iPhone 4 to USA

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by raymor19, Aug 12, 2011.

1. raymor19 macrumors newbie

I have an iPhone 4 and I it is jailbroken. I am going to stay in the USA for two years and I am taking my iPhone with me. I want to know if it is going to cause any problem? (my iPhone being jailbroken)
    I have installed Installous and downloaded many apps in my iPhone. Is it possible that I may get "caught" for this or experience any trouble?

Appreciate your help

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

It will be fine... jailbreaking is not illegal.

3. luked14 macrumors 6502

You won't run into any problems. Just be sure to restore it if you have to take it to the Apple store to get looked at.

4. enoC macrumors 6502

enoC

You should try buying apps from AppStore. It works great!

5. raymor19 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for your help.
    Is it the same with iPad? Jailbreaking iPad is legal?

What happens if Apple Store finds out that a cracked app is used in my MacBook, or iPhone?
    Will there be legal charges? or they just remove the app?

6. ann713 macrumors 6502a

It's not illegal, worst thing that can happen is that it will void your warranty.

7. AdrianK macrumors 68020

On a mac, they won't care. Hell, unless they're opening all your apps or going through your downloads folder they won't even know. They couldn't charge you for it anyway, since the developer holds the rights to the app, not Apple.

For an iPhone, they'd only care that it's jailbroken as opposed to the fact that you're using cracked apps.