taking jailbroken phone into genius bar at apple store

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by cmbezln, Jun 9, 2009.

1. cmbezln macrumors member

i've got a JB iphone 8GB i need to take into the apple store to have fixed or replaced.....the LCD is fubared and the screen is white

do i need to be worried about restoring it before i bring it in since the screen is busted anyway? i dont have access to itunes to restore it right now :apple::apple::apple:

2. fpsphil macrumors member

i dont think they care anymore about jailbroken

3. linden macrumors regular

linden

Its Cool.

Yea Go ahead..Its gonna be fine!...

4. TwinCities Dan macrumors 603

TwinCities Dan

Double Parked out front of the Courthouse
  5. cmbezln thread starter macrumors member

does anybody have any experience with them fixing LCD screens at the genius bar?

my screen went white after a soft drop WHILE in an OTTERBOX! there is no cracks at all, is it covered under warranty and if so does that mean its covered for free or for 199$

.....and is it still 199$ to replace or 99$ ....lol

6. racers macrumors regular

Ya happened to me in april, they just gave me a new one for free

7. Abyssgh0st macrumors 68000

Abyssgh0st

Yes, they can very easily replace the whole display (LCD, glass, digitizer, etc) in about 5-10 minutes depending on the Genius.

Whatever you do, don't tell them you dropped it though.

8. racers macrumors regular

I think they will just replace it. They told me it wasn't worth it to try and fix the screen.

9. moka macrumors 6502a

i was once at an apple store in California with a friend to replace a 3G iphone because the bluetooth was not functioning right. Another person at the genius bar had a iphone 3G that was jailbroken, he was there to replace his headphones that came with the iphone that stopped functioning under warranty. The Genius used that customers jailbroken iphone to get the serial number, he found out that it was jailbroken, he then proceeded to converse with the customer about the jailbroken phone and how his was also jailbroken, they then both proceeded to talk about what they had in their iphone in regards to the jailbroken modifications you can get. I was able to glance at the screen and the carrier was T-Mobile...

i was like woohhhhaaaat! and walked away... lol

10. cmbezln thread starter macrumors member

awesome.....now i just gotta worry about restoring....lol

this computer im on doesnt even have SP1 so i cant install itunes to restore the damn thing

11. cmbezln thread starter macrumors member

hahahaha nice

maybe ill be okay then

12. racers macrumors regular

13. badpinoy macrumors regular

similar thing happened to me. I just restored the phone before i went to the Apple. But I noticed that the new glass they put can be easily scratched. I don't know why. But when I first got the iphone I went a couple of weeks without a screen protector. Within a couple of days of having my screen and glass replaced they had huge scratches on them. anyone else notice this?