taking macbook back

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by dojopros, Apr 27, 2009.

1. dojopros macrumors member

right had my macbook unibody for about 2 months and the dvd drive wont eject properly any more and the charger light stays on and just says not charging at the top, i want to get apple to replace it but am new to time machine, will time machine let me take an image of the mac to space on my pc on the network and the image it back down onto the new one so everything is the same?

thanks

2. acfusion29 macrumors 68040

acfusion29

They are not going to replace it for you. They will repair it though.

3. brosmooth macrumors member

brosmooth

first of all your English is appalling. secondly, if your asking if you can use time machine to take an image of your current mac and then put it back onto another mac then yes. That's one of time machines features, to be used with migration so if you do for some reason get a new hd, you can make an exact copy of your old mac.

good luck

4. dojopros thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the answer, no need for the comment on my english, didnt ask what you thought about that did I so keep that to yourself.

5. jammyf macrumors member

How do you know if English is not the OP's first language? Please refrain from making these comments, you're only making yourself look stupid.

6. chinarider macrumors regular

Dude, this is a global website, and some may not speak english very well. You don't see me giving you a hard time for your lack of capitalization or punctuation, do you?

China

7. bozz2006 macrumors 68030

bozz2006

i can't comment on the dvd drive, but if you keep it plugged in most of the time, it is not unusual and not a necessarily a sign of something wrong that your battery status says "not charging".

8. aethelbert macrumors 601

To address the backup question, you can indeed back up over a network disk, though you will probably need to create a partition in the correct file system first on the disk you want to use. Although I highly doubt that you will get your machine replaced, I do strongly recommend backing up your data here as the disk may get damaged or even replaced during the repair process. Even if you're not sending it in to get fixed, it's always a good idea to back up your data, so please keep up with your backups to reduce the number of "data gone!!!!! HELP!!!!!!" threads. Best of luck in your repair.

9. polaris20 macrumors 68020

You didn't capitalize the first letter in the second sentence. Also, it's "you're", not "your" for "you are".

Just thought I'd pitch in as long as we're criticizing English skills. ;)

10. Nocturnal22 macrumors 6502

yea you can make a time machine backup so you can restore your mac on another mac

11. KBenton macrumors member

Owned.