Taking math notes on graphic tablet

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by iProud, May 28, 2011.

1. iProud macrumors newbie

Hey !
    I'm a student, and i just want to start taking notes on my mac book pro using graphic tablet. So i'm mad looking for software to do it :) Windows guys use onenote, and i spend a lot of time to find something familiar. 90% of my notes is going to be math stuff or something like that, so i'm not looking for any handwriting words recognition, just simply unlimited free space to sketch on, the best soft i have found by now is sketchbook express but space to sketch is limited to one screen i need much more.

Thanks for help ;)

2. teleromeo macrumors 65816

teleromeo

maybe designer does what you want. It's free so you can just try it and delete if it doesn't fit your needs.

EDIT

nevermind, it's an iPad app ...

3. TheGenerous macrumors 6502a

TheGenerous

My practice in grad school was, pen and paper. I won't scan the pages afterwards because it takes to long. I will take a photo of the page and bulk edit in lightroom, finally upload to the iPad if needed.

Don't waste too much time searching for the best app, just take your notes in pen and paper and take photos at the end of the week.

Have two folders for each class; one for notes and the other for exams, HW, handouts, etcetera

4. iProud thread starter macrumors newbie

the case is that i'm kind of geek and i really want to take this notes on computer, i will just enjoy if i set it up to save on dropbox, and share with others form class etc. :p (i can take o photos but i love when things are made automaticly :3 ) and i don't have enought space in my bag to take several notebooks, the soft i need is really simply, there must be somewhere ! ;)

5. TheGenerous macrumors 6502a

TheGenerous

If you consider yourself a "geek" learn LaTeX