Taking my Canadian Phone into a US Apple Store

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by asharahmed, Apr 3, 2015.

1. asharahmed macrumors regular

asharahmed

I'm visiting the US from Canada and i'm going to exchange my phone in the States, as don't wish to wait for them to ship the phone away then back (no apple stores near me in Canada, it's a unlocked one I bought via Apple.ca) Would they cover it?

Also, maybe if i can sweet-talk the manager can I maybe get a colour exchange? :p ;)

Thanks for your time, as I know that it is most valuable

2. cousintim macrumors 6502

cousintim

Exchange (unopened box) or warranty replacement?

3. asharahmed thread starter macrumors regular

asharahmed

Warranty

4. cousintim macrumors 6502

cousintim

Perhaps the policy has changed, but I don't think you do a warranty replacement outside of your country of purchase.

5. asharahmed thread starter macrumors regular

asharahmed

Damn it, well, thanks anyway

6. ilugram macrumors member

If you have applecare plus you can definitely get it serviced anywhere in the world. I believe the regular warranty may be at the discretion of the store.

7. iPad Retina macrumors 6502a

iPad Retina

Hello, this had happen to me before. Purchased my iPhone 5S used in California and replaced it in Canada (where I live) and have no problems 3 two replacements in US and 1 replacement in Canada and one screen swap in Canada

You'll be fine!

8. SnowDX macrumors 6502

If you have AppleCare+ you don't have to ship it back and wait. You get free express replacement service where they ship you a replacement next day and then you send yours back after. They will put a hold on your credit card until your is shipped back.

If you don't have AppleCare+, you can pay for the express replacement service. It's $30 I think.

9. Newtons Apple macrumors Pentium

Newtons Apple

You might try for warranty in the USA. The color change is stretching it. :rolleyes: