Taking my first gen back, Need some advise please.

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by MattJ11, Dec 31, 2008.

1. MattJ11 macrumors member

The wifi has recently bumed out on my Unlocked iPhone. I've tried a restore and deleting all my apps and nothing seems to be fixing it. So i guess it's a hardware problem.

What should i do about the unlocked firmware?

1.Do i restore to the usb cable and iTunes picture and remove my orange sim card and put the o2 one that came with the phone in.

2.Just take the simcard out while the phone is on an hope apple don't look at the settings (i guess they can see if its been modified?).

Thanks.

I hate not having wifi :(

2. neesh0 macrumors 6502a

neesh0

go to settings-> general-> reset-> erase all content and settings. This will take about an hour.after that your iphone will be stuck at the apple logo, do a restore from DFU mode, then set it up as a new phone. Put the old simcard in and take it to apple, they will replace it for free if you are still under warranty (your phone is under 1 year old, unless you got extended warranty and you have not cracked the screen or gotten water damage)

3. MST macrumors 6502

MST

4. MattJ11 thread starter macrumors member

Will they not notice it hasen't been activated?

When I get a new phone will I be able to restore it from a backup of my old one?

Thanks

5. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Just tell them you wiped the phone because you knew you would be returning it. And yes, you should be able to restore the new phone with the backup from your old one.