Taking my MacBook battery out and putting it back in

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Samelson03, Jun 15, 2010.

1. Samelson03 macrumors 6502

So, I get home from class and go on my MacBook. I noticed everything was running very sluggish and certain applications weren't responding. I try to force quit the applications but that didn't work. I then unplug my Mac and take the battery out and wait a few minutes then put it back in. I turn it on and it gives me the white screen with the Apple logo for a few minutes. I then repeat the process and try again and the same thing happens. The 3rd try I get the same thing but then after a few minutes the Apple logo goes away and turns into a circle with a slash through it. I've never seen this before and I'm getting somewhat worried. I recently got a new HD so i'm not sure if thats got anything to do with it.

2. Blondie :) macrumors 6502a

Blondie :)

Unfortunately, I haven't ever heard of this cirlce-slash deal either. I suppose it could be something with your new HD, but that could depend on two things:

1. How old is your Macbook?
    2. Is your HD approved for apple stuff? I know it should be, but you know how proprietary Apple is lol

So, you can't even start up the macbook? Hmm...the only thing I can think of to try would be to reset the SMC. If you have an intel-based mac, use this http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3964 Hope this helps a little :)

3. Samelson03 thread starter macrumors 6502

I made an appointment with Apple yesterday and it turns out that my HD was bad. Very unfortunate. I'm stuck with less than 5GBs for a little while.

4. Blondie :) macrumors 6502a

Blondie :)

that always sucks. My parents used to have a Toshiba Satellite, and that thing blew for hard drives haha. We went through three of those things within two years, and after that, they bought a new laptop.