Taking Notes

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by rek2005, Aug 24, 2007.

1. rek2005 macrumors newbie

I was wondering if any of yall could recommend a Mac OS application designed for taking notes, similar to Microsoft's OneNote application. I loved using OneNote on my Windows laptop, and I miss having it. Any suggestions?

2. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

I use text edit and quicksilver.

Then again I guess that's best for taking down lists. For notes I use stickies, but I'm guessing you want something a little more robust. I had a really great one that autosaved, but I can't remember the name. It had an X in the title I believe, but that probably doesn't help you since a lot of Mac OS X applications have X in their names. I'll look around and repost if I find it.

3. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

gauchogolfer

I use OmniOutliner, which came for free with my Powerbook. It's a pretty nice organizer, with the ability to link in other files, record audio clips, etc.

Check it out.

4. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

Oh, that's a good one I forgot about. I couldn't find the one I used, but Side note and schoolhouse 2 are good ones.

5. jczubach macrumors 6502

jczubach

6. M@lew macrumors 68000

M@lew

7. chatoyer macrumors regular

I use DevonThink Office Pro, which may be a bit overkill and rather expensive for some (DevonThink 'regular' is cheaper), but have recently been playing around with iGTD for fun and, in reality, it might be useful as a means of taking notes. It's free.