Taking penryn MBP to see the Genius tommorrow

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by dallas112678, Mar 1, 2008.

1. dallas112678 macrumors 6502a

Basically, my MBP has a very slight yellow-white hue at the bottom 1/4 of the screen, and as i said it is very slight, it is still kind of noticeable when say your scrolling down a white bacground forum page, you see the parts that were white at the top kind of get a very slight white-yellow to them. So im taking it to the Genius tommorrow just to have them look at it, and show them the "test" image so its easier for them to see what im talking about. My question is, i put windows on it using bootcamp, if they decide to say take it back or if i return it, will they not take it back or let me return it if windows is on it? Should i uninstall my windows programs and then delete the partition or what?

Like i said this is a very slight white-yellow, but just knowing its there kind of messes with your head lol, advice is appreciated.

2. aimfire macrumors regular

aimfire

Wow - someone finally has the same problem with a Penryn!
    Same exact thing here, bottom 1/4 of screen, very slight, but noticeable.

I'm not gonna bother with the Genius, already lost too much time with this, I'm just gonna ask for an exchange.

Unless you have any personal files on there, I wouldn't worry about cleaning up the hard drive. My guess is after they fix these things, they probably wipe the drive and do a restore before selling it as refurbished.

3. dallas112678 thread starter macrumors 6502a

ya i was just asking because i wouldnt want them to take a chance of saying "oh you have windows on there, we cant help you" or anything like that lol.

4. Czechmac macrumors regular

Installing Windows through Bootcamp is officially supported therefore they canno tell you anything.

5. dallas112678 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Ya im more worried about them saying "we cant see anything" because as i said its a very slight hue, when you do the test you can see the top bar is perfect vibrant white, when the bottom doesnt seem as bright almost with a slight yellow hue to it, it still looks white but it doesnt match the clean vibrant white up top. Its not something youll just notice at first glance, but i use my computer alot and i definetly notice it.

6. PDE macrumors 68020

I'm a frequent visitor to the genius bar and I think it's always important to keep in mind that most of them are not geniuses in YOUR field and thus are not sensitized to your needs in a computer. They will frequently not see or hear things and they, somehow, assume that there's nothing wrong if they can't see or hear it. Obviously, the fact that they can't see or hear something doesn't mean much given that the lighting and noise levels in most Apple Stores are pretty awful for determining any kind of issue.

Anyway, given their limitations, just be prepared to ask to see a manager if they don't automatically offer to replace the computer. Managers seem very willing to help and make customers satisfied. You're not imagining this issue - there are thousands of other customers who've been through the same thing, even if the Apple people will tell you that you're the first case they've heard of!

Good luck! Hope it goes well!