Taking phone to apple store

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by xseth, Aug 17, 2011.

1. xseth macrumors newbie

My recent jailbroken iPhone 4 started not answering or accepting calls, so I restored to factory settings and backed up from a backup of the jailbroken phone. If I take it to the apple store so they can check it, will there be evidence of a jailbreak? I have the apple care plan. Thanks.

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

You should restore and setup as new to see if the problem persists.
    If its good then you dont need to have it replaced and its most likelly a software bug with your JB backup.

3. xseth thread starter macrumors newbie

But will there be evidence of jail break even if I restored it to factory settings and it's on newest firmware? I might be mistaken, but I thought if you upgrade, it undoes your jailbreka. I'm not 100% sure tho.

4. labman macrumors 604

labman

Do as Applejuiced says and you will be fine he's 100% as usuall. Restore as new like he said. Always restore as new to remove the jailbreak 100%

5. Leo-The-Red macrumors newbie

No, the Geniuses won't be able to tell, I had a Jailbroken phone that I unjailbroke, there was am issue that was existing before and after the jailbreak, I took it in, they checked it the issue and then replaced it. It doesn't seem as if they know.

6. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

Technically the only way to remove every single trace of the jailbreak is to restore as new but I think as long as you don't have Cydia or anything installed that relates to a jailbreak, you'll be fine.

7. labman macrumors 604

labman

the reason for restoring as new is it also helps to make sure the problem is the phone. Not something you might have installed via jailbreak causing the problems. Also just like every where else some Apple employee's are very through others could give a crap.

8. saberahul macrumors 68040

Although I agree, I find that with this certain apps still know if you're jailbroken. For example, FlipBoard would give me a message saying that it may not work on JailBroken devices or so. Same goes for Skype.