Taking pictures off an iPad

Discussion in 'iPad' started by GafferGaffer, Oct 26, 2011.

1. GafferGaffer macrumors newbie

As a photographer, I want to use an iPad for customers to view pictures. I want to be able to leave the iPad with them in their home, overnight.

Before I buy one, can someone please answer me this:

If I loan an iPad to someone, can I restrict the iPad so that the customer CANNOT download the photos from the device?

Thanks for your help,

Andrew

2. HengenJL macrumors 6502a

HengenJL

No, as there are multiple ways to get the photos off am iPad. Email and just plugging it in to a computer are two easy ways to get the photos from the iPad.

3. Stetrain macrumors 68040

You could get a custom app made that would display photos that you loaded onto it but would not allow those photos to be exported or transfered in any way. Maybe such an app already exists but it seems like a pretty small niche.

4. Nothlit macrumors regular

But keep in mind that even with this solution, the user could take a screenshot which would go into the camera roll and could then be exported out by email or USB. Granted it would only be 1024x768 resolution, but still...

Your better solution would probably be to watermark the images so that even if they did export or print them, they would be of little value.

5. Stetrain macrumors 68040

You can disable screenshot taking on an iOS device by using the enterprise configuration utility: http://www.apple.com/support/iphone/enterprise/