TAKTIK iPhone 5 case question

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Hooterville, Sep 26, 2012.

1. Hooterville macrumors 6502a

Hooterville

Would love to order the TAKTIK iPhone 5 case with Gorilla Glass whenever it might be available.:)

My question is: Does anyone in real life even have one of the iPhone 4/4S TAKTIC cases yet? I see that you have to "Pre-Order" the case for the 4/4S and the iPhone 5 is already out.:(

Are they having problems producing these cases?

Looks like a great case but do they even exist? :eek:

https://www.lunatik.com/products/taktik-5?variant=68

2. Six8 macrumors 65816

Six8

3. Blomkvist macrumors member

Blomkvist

Pretty sure it's another Kickstarter campaign product...which unfortunately typically means a fairly long development, delivery cycle to the "funders" and then even longer for someone else to order/obtain.

4. Funkymonk macrumors 6502a

Funkymonk

5. v3rn macrumors regular

They are $130 I believe. The 4/4S version should be out in a few weeks. They said the 5 version won't be out until 3 months after the 5 is released. So you got a bit of waiting to do. And nobody has tried the case because it's not out yet.

6. GenderFi macrumors regular

I heard that there is a 3 year wait for this case.

7. Hooterville thread starter macrumors 6502a

Hooterville

The iphone 4 has been out for almost 2 years, iPhone 4S for almost a year and still NO iPhone 4/4S TAKTIK cases in the wild.

I guess the iPhone 6 or 7 will be out before you can even "Pre-Order" the TAKTIK case for the 5 :(

If you can't produce it, why offer it? :rolleyes:

8. alemmo macrumors newbie

Yeah I don't think this company is going to do to well. To make the most money you gotta be quick with case production. A new model will be out before the ship the Iphone 5 case.

And how many people are going to pay $150 for an older Iphone 4S case from them that hasn't even shipped yet.

9. Hooterville thread starter macrumors 6502a

Hooterville

Yea, it sucks as this looks like one of the finest cases I've seen.

10. v3rn macrumors regular

It takes time to engineer something like this. It's not like its just a silicone or polycarbonate shell. There are a ton of parts and seals that need to fit together perfect to make it waterproof and be top quality. And just because the iPhone 5 is out doesn't mean there aren't any more iPhone 4 or 4S out there, they will sell plenty for those phones. Just give me time, intricate cases like this require a lot of precision.

11. alemmo macrumors newbie

I understand it takes time but time is precious in the technology industry. I doubt there will be many people lined up to buy a $150 for their Iphone 4s. People who spend $150 on phone cases are pretty likely ones that have no problem blowing money on the latest and greatest phone.

12. GenderFi macrumors regular

The case is awfully nice, however to pay $100+ for a case is a bit excessive for a cell phone.

13. mrskullfreak macrumors 6502a

mrskullfreak

Wow just wow.

----------

I did order the urban gear in green

14. Hooterville thread starter macrumors 6502a

Hooterville

it's almost 2 years later and they are just now taking "Pre-Orders" on the iPhone 4/4S cases.

I would gladly pay $200. for one of these for the iPhone 5 but not after the iPhone 6 or 7 is out. :D

15. iEnvy macrumors 65816

iEnvy

16. Hooterville thread starter macrumors 6502a

Hooterville

Thanks, for the video links iEnvy :)

17. ngocnguyen macrumors member

Have anyone read the profile of Chris Wilson? He also did that TikTok watch case for the Nano...that one broke all Kickstarter records and raised just under $1 million! I have all the confidence in the world that the TakTik iPhone case will make it to the market. Chris seems to have the right background and manufacturing/supply chains as well his own design studio...so he seems more legitimate than a lot of other schmoes on Kickstarter.

overall, I think the case is too bulky for my likings..I think it's catered to the Otterbox type guys...I like a simple streamline case...or at least something with a lower profile.

18. iEnvy macrumors 65816

iEnvy

Techcrunch did a review and liked the case as well as the 2 videos above. Its a very solid case and from the renderings of the iPhone 5, the new version looks like it'll be slimmer and more compact than its predecessor. Hopefully that stays through.

Techcrunch review of iPhone 4 taktik

19. GenderFi macrumors regular

20. Muscle Master macrumors 6502a

Muscle Master

I'm buying one and will wait patiently till it comes to market.. I want the anodize silver case with gorilla glass

I sent an email trying to pledge for the 5 case.. here was there response:

" Hi Norman, Our Kickstarter project is closed, but you can pre-order the 4 case on our website, www.lunatik.com. We are really excited to offer the 5 case, aluminum and bike mount/belt holster in the near future, but are currently not offering as a pre-order item on our retail site. With the exception of our Kickstarter project backers, we are working to understand manufacturing and production lead times more clearly in order to deliver this product to retail as promised."

21. Muscle Master macrumors 6502a

Muscle Master

I urge everyone to give it time... the case is worth it

22. wrkactjob macrumors 65816

wrkactjob

Let the Chinese see this, the cases will be shipping next week.

23. Muscle Master macrumors 6502a

Muscle Master

That's another good thing... there made in the good ole USA

24. iEnvy macrumors 65816

iEnvy

Parts made in China though.