Tale of a MBP 13" and an average user's complete satisfaction

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by chuckflip53, Jun 22, 2010.

1. chuckflip53 macrumors regular

People on this site sprout so many complaint-filled posts they create doubt in the minds of potential buyers. So here's how I entered the world of Apple:

I ordered my Macbook Pro 13" online - it shipped to my house 3 days later (June 2nd). When it arrived, I took it out of the box, marveled at the sexy aluminum unibody, turned it on and had no issues at all with the palm rests (after reading some harrowing tales of the metal grinding into people's wrists). The screen was void of dead pixels, the mouse trackpad worked magnificently, the battery charged to a full 100%, I dual-booted XP without a hitch, I haven't had a single horrendous freeze, updates were installed seamlessly, and it's lived well over 6 hours on a single charge (except when I was using flash - then it went down to about 3 hours).

There you go doubters and naysayers - the MBP is a fine product and you will be glad you bought one. Please don't spend more time fretting about buying one than you spend actually purchasing it. =D

2. Piehead macrumors newbie

I am glad to hear that your MBP is working for you, I can't wait for mine!

Quick question, though:

When you ordered your MBP online - did you upgrade anything? Like larger HDD, a case, apple remote, etc? Just wondering, because I just ordered mine today (MBP 13) and upgraded those three things, and am wondering how long it will take to ship to Canada. :rolleyes:

Guess I'll have to wait and see - in the meantime, does anyone have any good estimations as to when it will arrive?

Thanks and enjoy the laptop - I am sure I will (when it gets here!!) :D

3. spazma7ik macrumors 6502a

I'd also like to know if you customized yours, because 3 days is really short amount of time to get it, I plan to order this week and am going to be customizing the order, hopefully it will come that quick!

4. jjahshik32 macrumors 603

5. caravanpikey macrumors newbie

I got my 13" in september, and upgraded the ram. It still shipped to my house in four days. For the record, I still love this machine

6. st!an macrumors newbie

+ 1 :D

7. antster94 macrumors 6502a

antster94

I am getting my MBP 13" next month, and after reading these comments I can't wait to get it! My current laptop is terrible, it crashes if I turn on the webcam, open Word, takes about 3 mins to open iTunes and it sometimes crashes watching an HD YouTube video! I can't wait to get a computer that just works. And I will be putting a 160GB SSD in the MBP, so it should be stupid fast!

8. chuckflip53 thread starter macrumors regular

in response to the people asking if I customized anything on my MBP, I did not add anything. It was the base 2.4ghz model (4GB RAM, 250GB HDD). I did get the free printer and a free iPod as part of the student discount though everything still arrived on the same day.

I think that in the future I will upgrade my HDD and my RAM as soon as the prices drop (hopefully in 2 years?). They're just ridiculously expensive at the moment and since I'm a college student my wallet's already suffering! =P

9. landscapeman macrumors regular

Congrats Bud, Maybe a few lurkers will take your advice.

10. 7thMac macrumors 6502

It's a nice machine. In objective terms you could argue that there are other choices with more power for less money. But for battery life, weight, screen quality, overall build quality, and excellent trackpad I didn't find any close competition.

11. Blondie :) macrumors 6502a

Blondie :)

Very nice :) I'm glad you are liking your machine. I still love my 13" Macbook as well. This thing is still a beast too, whilst only having 2GB of RAM :) it makes me happy haha

12. g-bomber macrumors newbie

3 week owner of the base 13" - loved every minute of it. x-25m should be arriving from the US in the next week so things are only going to get better :)

'you had me at your Welcome to OSX startup vid'