Tale of a switcher

LinuXtreme

macrumors regular
Jul 15, 2007
Near Aspen
Thanks for posting this. It's really whet my appetite for the BlackBook I'm going to buy in a few months.

I especially like how he says the Mac Pro is so quiet that you can play music softly without having to compete with the sound of roaring fans coming from the computer. That sort of thought put into engineering will be an improvement for me over the loud PC I have now. :rolleyes:

emptyCup

macrumors 65816
Jan 5, 2005
There are so many First Impressions stories out there, and so many questions here about how to maximize or make something work like it does on Windows, that I've become tired of the whole thing. It seemed to me that, at this late date, switching is no longer a novelty or newsworthy.

This story reminded that there are still people out there for whom Macs are mysterious and scary. As others have posted, it is always a pleasure to re-experience the liberation and joy that comes from switching through the eyes of a new user.

blumoon

macrumors member
Mar 22, 2007
A friend of mine has taken the dive in a big way. From an Alienware machine to an iMac and a Mac Pro.

Read about the experience here:

Great story, I read all of it. Congrats to all. makes me want a mac sooner rather than later. :)

Squidly

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 31, 2002
S. Jersey
Yeah, I thought he did a good job with the writeup. Reminds me fondly of my own experience years ago. :)