Tales of Monkey Island

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by Taustin Powers, Jun 27, 2010.

1. Taustin Powers macrumors regular

Did anyone buy this?

I played the demo and for some reason couldn't get into it. I'm a big fan of the series (first 3 games anyway), but the constant wise-cracking humor in this one really put me off. Just felt like they were trying too hard, "hey let's make him say funny stuff ALL THE TIME, it's what the fans like". Plenty of goofy one-liners...but maybe TOO many?

Did anyone else get that feeling? Does it ease up when the actual game progresses? And besides all that, is it a good adventure game? Story, puzzles, length?

Would love to hear some opinions!

2. 3rd Doctor macrumors member

The demo is only the very first part, i have played through chapter 1 and enjoyed it alot. Having not played the first one for about 15 years i cant actually remember the dialogue.

3. Taustin Powers thread starter macrumors regular

Hmm. Maybe I'll pick it up after all. Less than 20 Euros on PSN for the whole package seems like a fair deal, and the Part 1 Special Edition really put me in the mood for more Guybrush!

4. Taustin Powers thread starter macrumors regular

Well, I'm a good way into Episode 1, and I am actually really enjoying it. :)

Once you get past the control scheme (point'n'click would have worked much better!), there's actually a real Monkey Island game to be enjoyed here. The humor isn't as obnoxious as I had feared from the demo, it's actually really fun!

5. Taustin Powers thread starter macrumors regular

I started Chapter 5 yesterday, and I'm really getting my money's worth. My only criticism would be that the puzzles are a little too easy. So far, everything's been pretty much smooth sailing - the old games were a lot tougher! But the story is great and well-told. I hope they make another "season" soon!