Talk about AT&T dropping the ball.. how could they NOT be ready for MMS?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by duelingdragons, Jun 9, 2009.

1. duelingdragons macrumors 65816

2. coolwater macrumors 6502a

coolwater

So... Apple told AT&T be ready my the launch and AT&T didn't do its job on time?

Is Steve Jobs mad at AT&T these days?

3. Drumjim85 macrumors 68030

Drumjim85

maybe we'll find out in July.

4. brvheart macrumors 6502

we should merge every mms thread in to one - really was it worth creating another thread just for this? :rolleyes:

5. redman042 macrumors 68020

The bottom line is this: In major cities, their network is overtaxed. They can't handle the new traffic. But, they are upgrading like mad, doing 850 mHz overlays and upgrading the backbone. I've been watching the progress over at Howardforums. NY and LA are where it's happening right now. SF is also in line for this. Sections are being lit up with the new frequency and people are saying it's making a big difference. Much better speeds, better signal around town and in buildings, etc.

Yes, we should bash on AT&T for not getting this done sooner. But the iPhone is a great motivator for them to get this done ASAP, and the rumors say that Apple put a hard deadline on them to get this done or lose exclusivity. So this will end up being a win for all of us. Just a few months later than we'd like.

6. iceterminal macrumors 68000

iceterminal

No, they've known that their network needed upgrading for many years now. Certainly they didn't think that once they had put in one network it woudl stay that way forever. They've known things will speed up, change, evolve. Just like business.
    So to say they are working like crazy merely tells me they've been slacking and either refusing to upgrade with the technology as needed, or they don't care about their consumers over that of their greed.