talk about lucky, or unlucky?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by worldonpause, Mar 20, 2012.

1. worldonpause macrumors newbie

got my new ipad last friday and applecare plus (yesterday) for insurance.. i usually always take care of my gadgets but my gf dropped it and now theres a big dent on the ipad. i want to take it asap and pay $50 for a new one but im a little worried they might think its suspicious. should i have no problem switching for another one?

2. Identity Fraud macrumors 6502

You have apple care for this reason. Too bad you burned one of the two drops so fast.

3. worldonpause thread starter macrumors newbie

yea hopefully i never have to use the second one, very unfortunate

4. Zenteeric macrumors member

Bad girlfriend! I girlfriend dropped my iPad to a year ago once, but it was okay. She got off the hook easily.

5. squidkitten macrumors 6502

squidkitten

you get two drops? i dropped my mbp and busted my disk drive and they told me applecare doesn't cover drops, but he let me off easy since i'm a poor college student and tear filled eyes are hard to resist.

so anyway i'm not planning on dropping my ipad anytime soon, but can i expect them to help me out with a replacement if i do?

6. mobilehaathi macrumors G3

mobilehaathi

You'll be fine. That is why you got the applecare+, after all.

7. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

8. Enjoylife1788 macrumors 6502a

I would say since it's just a dent, u could wait a few months if it's not affecting your performance.

Also, u get two drops in two years. U still haven't completed a month yet. U could any time take it in and get replaced. Why not wait for a couple months in that case..

9. puncho macrumors member

I thought you could exchange it for any reason for the first 14 days, applecare or not. Just do that.

10. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

U can't do that if it has a huge dent. Device must be in good conditions.

11. Fernandez21 macrumors 601

Fernandez21

I would do this as long as the iPad is still working, in couple of months it will probably have some scratches too and then you can just trade it in for a new one, plus you never know if you or someone you k ow might drop it and completely break it, that happened with my iPad 2, my father dropped it and broke the screen, cost $400 to repair. Or you could also just wait until next feb. just befor the new iPad is announced and then sell the new one for more money to buy the next iPad.