talk about strange

Discussion in 'macOS' started by AL2TEACH, Apr 10, 2010.

1. AL2TEACH macrumors regular

I cleaned out the puter using Onyx and Cache Out X and turned the puter off.
    Got in from work, turned it on and all was good just a little longer trying to boot up. Left side of the menu bar was fine. The right side was not. Three of the 15 items showed up and the spotlight icon would flash in and out. After about trying 3 times for a start-up, I just did the fsck -f, twice. Everything was okay or so I thought. I tried to open VirusBarrier(demo) and a box opened stating it was initializing. I waited a few but forced quit it because it was consuming 99% of the CPU.
    When I restarted, it tooka little longer to boot but when it did, the system reverted to the standard dock yet everything else seems fine, well, so far since I don't have time to check yet but has anyone else seem this behavior?
    Thanks
    :eek:

2. northernbaldy macrumors 6502a

northernbaldy

3. LEVENDIZ macrumors member

4. Hal Itosis macrumors 6502a

Hal Itosis

Umm... most likely, anyone who runs Onyx and then Cache Out X, who also has VirusBarrier installed would see that "behavior" at the next restart.

What caused all that was the user's behavior. ;)

[we don't need any of that stuff really... maybe clean caches if a problem *already* exists, but that can be done (mostly) with a Safe Boot.]