Talk me into an Iphone 7 plus

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Nb27, Sep 11, 2016.

1. Nb27, Sep 11, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2016

Nb27 macrumors newbie

Hi everybody,

My carrier is t mobile and it's time for an upgrade. That being said I'm torn between the new lg v20 and the iPhone 7 plus.

I am curious as to why iphone users love there iPhones.

My issues with the iPhone

is the difference in screen resolution between android phones and iphone.

The lack of ability to multi task which apparently is done on the iPad.

I'm really curious as to how iphone users feel about those two issues and why they love their phones so much.

On a side note I have had the 6s plus as well as numerous android devices. As on paper the lg v20 s7 edge and note 7 seem to offer a lot more.

Thanks for any advice or input you have.

2. janeauburn macrumors 6502a

janeauburn

3. bhall110 macrumors regular

4. DustinDev47 macrumors 6502

DustinDev47

If you don't find the iPhone to be a better device than whatever Android-powered device you're using, then don't buy it. Why would anyone waste their time trying to talk you into it when you seem to have your mind made up on Android devices?

You should do some reading up as iOS has had native multitasking since at least version six, if not earlier and if you did not know that, then there's probably a lot you don't know about iPhone and iOS. I don't say that as an insult but as a fact. Multitasking isn't something much talked about these days since it has been a part of iOS for many years now.

5. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

If you need people on the internet to talk you into buying something, you probably don't need to buy it.

6. AbSoluTc macrumors 68040

AbSoluTc

Read the forums and come up with your own conclusion. Nobody here is going to talk you into anything. It's a choice ultimately made by you.

7. jutleys macrumors member

I will say once you bittern the apple there's no turning back.

8. Nb27 thread starter macrumors newbie

Talk me into it was a bad forum line. I'm just curious as to why so many love the phone line and have switched from android

9. DustinDev47 macrumors 6502

DustinDev47

10. Olivia23 macrumors 6502a

Olivia23

If you had an iPhone 6s then you should be familiar with the iPhone system. You've had android and iphone so you should know which one you like by now.

I've always gone back and forth between android and iphone until the iPhone 6 when they finally came out with a larger iphone and I never looked back. My iPhone has always ran smoother then my android phone and they keep the iPhone updated more than android. I also think the app store apps are much better then android and they run so much better on the iPhone.

11. bhall110 macrumors regular

Having invested heavily into apple products the iPhone is a easy choice for me. I have a 6s plus and a note 7 they are both GREAT phones if you are not going to benefit from having other apple devices and iCloud work for you then i would get the note 7 when it gets released again. However if you have or want to get a iPad or a mac then the iPhone would be the way to go.

12. kevink2 macrumors 65816

For the screen sizes, I've not seen any issues with resolution being a factor. The + has 400+ppi.

But a new iPhone is an expensive item to experiment with if you aren't already wanting to try it. At least, with Android, you can buy < $100 phones to try at low risk.
    --- Post Merged, Sep 11, 2016 ---
    I've tried both, and haven't been happy with Android.

Admittedly, I have not bought flagship models. The most expensive was the Nexus at $350, which after a year Google dropped support for. (less than 2 years after launch).

I used Android exclusively for 2 1 month stretches after giving away my iPhone 4 (instead of waiting until after getting 5), and after giving away the 5 (instead of waiting after the 6). In both cases, since I had a backup phone, it was just easier for me to use the android.

13. machtv macrumors regular

here you go this guy will talk anybody into buying the new 7

14. sahilpatel12 macrumors 6502a

sahilpatel12

Sorry lad, but we are not any apple sales person. Its your money and you should use it your way. It's a choice ultimately made by you and you only lol . Reminds me of this :rolleyes:
    [​IMG]

15. Mxbzz macrumors 6502

Aside from an improved camera and capacitive home button, the experience should be similar to the 6S. Better to ask yourself what you didn't like about the 6S and wait for some reviews to see if iOS 10 addresses those concerns.

16. DakotaGuy macrumors 68040

DakotaGuy

You know this used to be a good reason, but it's actually pretty easy to be cross platform these days. I know some people want everything to look exactly alike, but I love having an iPad and an Android phone. I also have an iMac at home and a Windows PC for work. It keeps things interesting and fun. It also allows me to be a person that can run OS X, Windows, Android and iOS instead of being limited on my tech knowledge. There are excellent phones from Apple, Samsung, LG, etc.

Creating a multi-platform ecosystem that works well together does rely heavily on Google so if you don't like that it becomes harder, but with Chrome, Google Music, Google Docs, Google Photos, etc. living in an iOS-Android world is easy and works well.