Talk me into keeping my 360 Premium

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by zelmo, Feb 27, 2008.

1. zelmo macrumors 603

zelmo

I find the time I have for gaming is getting more and more limited, and the sad truth is that the only games I ever play on my 360 these days are Mass Effect and LEGO Star Wars. I'm spending more and more time on the PS3, with the Wii also getting a little love. Right now I'd say my console gametime [about 6-10 hours per week total] is 65% PS3, 25% Wii, and a meager 10% 360. Once I get tired of Eye of Judgment, PS3 and Wii might flop.:)

I could probably live without Mass Effect, as it's not the type of game I'll ever finish anyway. I don't much care for FPS, and I just don't see any exclusives on the horizon that are compelling me to keep my 360.
    I figure I could get $200 or more for my system with the 2nd wireless controller, headset, and play n-charge kit. It's got maybe 100 hours on it in the past 18 months, and no disk or RRoD issues so far [shouldn't have said that]

Can you compel me to change my mind? I had all three consoles last gen, and I have a feeling that, despite the logic that tells me otherwise, I'd end up regretting selling this baby off if only because it would break up the set. God I'm such a loser.:p

2. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

I'm not going to talk you into or out of anything. But I do empathise with you completely my friend.

Just remember all us stupidly compulsive multi console owners go through this.

There are plenty of games coming out on the 360 that although you might not have that much of a passing interest in at the moment, when they are out and reviewed that might change.

There's one thing worse than buyers remorse.... and that's traders remorse ;)

I'm in the same situation as you albeit with the wii in place of the 360. My wii may see little game time these days, but I wouldn't trade it in. I know that it will only be time before there's more games I want to play on it.

How bad do you need $200 and if there is an excellent release you really want to play in a few months time - you'll be spending $400

3. JackAxe macrumors 68000

JackAxe

Trade it in before it breaks. :D I KID!!!!

Keep it, but demand that they add official mouse support and that all developers must develop for it. This way future PC games won't suffer. :)

If MS didn't have their name on a 360, I would own one. *yes, I'm shallow.* :eek:

<]=)

4. digitalnicotine macrumors 65816

digitalnicotine

I think you may want to consider selling it. The reason I say this is because doing so will not leave you without a console as you have all the big players. Consider things like... What is the likelihood that a game that is exclusive to the 360 will make me wish I hadn't sold mine? Also, do some research on future release games, and see if any of them help you decide. The $200 dollars could be put towards content for the other two consoles, and possibly result in your giving them even higher time percentages.

The fact that the 360 is still current generation for one of the big players is the only thing that I think should cause any hesitation, but only because you can sell it for a decent amount when you are certain, and the chances of buying another one should you have traders remorse, will likely be about the same price you sold yours for, if not slightly less due to whatever future special editions MS releases. It's extremely likely they will release another version of the current 360 (for xmas 2008 season), before they move on to a completely new version?

Hope this helped. :)

5. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

OP, if you haven't beat Mass Effect yet, beat it first before you sell your console. Several of my friends have Mass Effect and they said that the ending is one of the best they have ever experienced in video games. I think that the last 3 hours of the game got the #2 spot for the best game moments in 2007 (Bioshock getting #1). But after you beat it and realize that it doesnt have enough replay value to make it worth keeping all of your equipment, sell off your 360 and get sum money back :)

6. e²Studios macrumors 68020

e²Studios

Or just sell it off and get Mass Effect for the PC when its released. I have Bioshock for the PC, wasn't all that impressed with it tbh.

Ed

7. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

So he sells his 360, gets say $200 or tad more, and then has to spend $50 re buying MassEffect on the PC ? Really is it worth doing that ? Plus it assumes he has a PC, or want's to be faffing about with windows.

Personally I'd pay for a 360 to avoid having to deal with windows... ever again....

8. Jelite macrumors 6502a

Im keeping my 360 only for GTAIV and the extra content, after im done with that i'll trade it in for a PS3.

9. Freyqq macrumors 68040

...am i missing something or do ps3 games suck.....i mean..what good games does it have that x360 doesn't? MSG4 eventually? about it..

if its about blue-ray..microsoft will come out with a blue-ray addon soon enough

10. michaelltd macrumors regular

michaelltd

I think you're missing Ratchet & Clank, Uncharted, Resistence, LittleBig Planet, KillZone 2, WarHawk, Haze... that's all I can think of off the top of my head, but there you go I guess.

11. Freyqq macrumors 68040

...all of those are either launch titles and/or are worse than the competition anyways..except for maybe warhawk b\c i can't think of a flying game for the x360

gears of war (gears of war 2 :)), halo 3, and cod4 beat any other fps around..so that's half your games right there

x360 has mass effect, both have oblivion, and ninja gaiden is coming to name a few that definitely beat those listed in their respective genres

really..i don't see the draw of the ps3 gamewise at all

12. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

well if you don't see anything you like in the future then sell it. If you wanna buy one a year from now because of some must have game then it will likely be cheaper to rebuy. Use the cash you get from it to buy some more games :D

Is it just me or are there a lot more PS3 topics lately? seems like a lot more people are buying them/thinking about it.

13. michaelltd macrumors regular

michaelltd

In the end, it's all a battle of opinions really.

I've leaned towards 360 personally so far.

14. JackAxe macrumors 68000

JackAxe

This is definately your opinion. Now I'll share mine. Playing any FPS with a thumb-stick(gamepad) is absolutely lame. :)

<]=)

15. angrygolfer macrumors 6502

As someone who has personally done what you are thinking of doing, THREE TIMES, I would advise you to just keep it. I am on my 4th xbox only because I chose to sell it because I din't think i would use it. Knowing it's there when I want it is giood enough for me. So this last one I bought is here to stay until it breaks or they come out with a new console.

16. Freyqq macrumors 68040

haha true

17. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

I think you missed a lot...PS3 games don't suck. PS3 is getting some quality titles and a lot of the multi plat games(as of late) are on par or better than there 360 bros.

to the OP...keep the 360...some good titles will be out this year and you'll want to play them.

Bless

18. pcypert macrumors 6502

I sold my 360 to get a Wii. Now want the 360 back. LittleBigPlanet is the only game that doesn't have a counter of some type. Maybe Ratchet and Clank, but there are some platformer/action type games for the 360. My advice, keep the 360, play it, and stop reading gaming forums. You know how happy I was with Streets of Rage, Sonic, and Mortal Kombat on my Sega? Very happy. I didn't obsess over the small differences in games I was missing by not having a Super NES (actually ended up getting a Super NES eventually but that's not the point).

PLENTY of games coming out for 360 or in development. Hang on.

Paul

19. RichL macrumors 6502

There are the only games people ever talk about.

Maybe that's because they are the only games?

Wow. I deduced that on my own.

-Rich L.

20. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

No ones forcing you to but a PS3 you know :rolleyes:

Let's not turn this into a PS3/360 sucks flame war.

21. RichL macrumors 6502

He asked to convince him. That's my convincing.

-Rich L.

22. michaelltd macrumors regular

michaelltd

Well that's all I can think of. To be honest, I'm not very good at defending the PS3. It's nice and everything, but I haven't gamed on it in quite a while, so I don't have much to say. *shrugs* ^^;

OP, keep the 360. I believe in never selling a console ever, or at least not during its life-cycle.

23. RichL macrumors 6502

Tis' quite all right my friend.

-Rich L.

24. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Wheres MRU when you need him:D

*Stolen from Praxis

Bless

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      58.8 KB
      Views:
  25. zelmo thread starter macrumors 603

zelmo

The more I think about it, the more I think selling the 360 makes sense. I have two guys at work who are interested and would pay a decent price for it.
    I only have a few games for the 360 and, for a console that's been out so long and as much $$ as I spend on games per console [my personal attach rate is usually well into the mid-teens or twenties per console:eek:], it's pretty telling that I've bought so few in the past 18 months.

If I regret it and decide I want to get one again [obviously not very likely else this thread wouldn't exist], I'll at least be able to get a quieter, cooler machine with HDMI so I'm good to go when I replace my 1080i RPTV.