Talk me out of the 8+ lol

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Duncanator, Sep 25, 2017.

1. Duncanator macrumors 6502

Duncanator

So i think the phone is kind of bland but i am badly wanting back in the Apple ecosystem....and I do not want to wait for the X. Highly considering picking up the 8+.

2. psynnott macrumors 6502

psynnott

It's not bland, its a lighting fast and great phone!

3. TravisPNW macrumors 6502a

TravisPNW

If you want an amazing phone... get the 8 Plus.

Signed,

Former 6 Plus and 6s Plus owner

4. apwtwenty macrumors 6502

apwtwenty

i don’t like the wait either , but erm..

i’ll wait :/
    :-/

5. edlex macrumors 68000

edlex

I love my 8+. Great upgrade from my 7+. Everything just works faster and smoother.

6. deadworlds macrumors 65816

deadworlds

My partner got himself the 8+, he's coming from a 6 so that was a huge upgrade for him. Im using a 7+ and although I like the glass back and the portrait lighting is cool, there isn't all that much thats different from my 7+.

7. michael9891 macrumors 65816

If you have more money than sense and are so impatient, buy what you consider to be a bland phone.

8. bambooshots macrumors 65816

bambooshots

Nothing wrong with the 8 Plus.

But have some self control, broh. Embrace that delayed gratification, broh.

9. MacAlien macrumors 6502

MacAlien

Yup. Agreed with others. Coming from 6S the 8+ is uber. Only issue I’ve had is the weight and my case (cheapo $10 case that’s just as slippery as the actual phone). Apple silicone case arrives Tuesday as I’d forgotten to order it originally. Had one with 6S so life should be grander. The weight just takes some getting used to as does the size. But it’s super nice and I’ve no regrets... yet;)

10. Sparky2012 macrumors 6502

Sparky2012

It's a great phone. It's my first Plus model and the battery is brilliant so far (as it should), screen is easily the best iPhone screen yet, it's fast, among many other things. It's likely this will be the last time this design is used and it is just gorgeous despite being slightly on the heavy side.

Only reason I'd say to wait for the X is:

- if you need/want OIS on the telephoto camera (it is shaky when zoomed in on the Plus, but not terrible).
    - the size of the phone is quite big so may be off putting, but I can hold and type in one hand still.
    - there is an earpiece crackling bug currently. Most likely will be fixed promptly.

11. Duncanator thread starter macrumors 6502

Duncanator

Well I picked up a 64GB Space Grey! So far I love it!

12. deadworlds macrumors 65816

deadworlds

I guess we didn't do a good enough job then! =P

Congrats on your purchase.

13. Duncanator thread starter macrumors 6502

Duncanator

Lol thanks! I am thoroughly enjoying it so far! Went for the cheaper 64 GB because no where has 256 GB. Plus I back up to iCloud and Google Drive every week to get rid of pictures. Just felt it would suit me better. :)

14. anticipate macrumors 6502

anticipate

I ended up going with the 8 plus as the phones (X and 8) are so similar except for the screen. (It's not like the 8's screen is horrible; it's one of the best LCDs out there).

Ultimately, I chose it because the X has a smaller useful screen. It's not as tall in landscape (and runs in compact class), it holds as much info as a 6/7/8 in landscape and horizontally, it's only a little more info vertically... but because it isn't as wide, the amount of actual useful real estate is the same as the plus.

Because videos and anything in landscape will suffer and look smaller, I went for the 8+. I may change my mind, but it would be a regression in functionality.

I do lust over the OIS on the tele lens a little, and the 3D camera on the front more. But only a little. Optically, the front cameras are the same.

https://www.phonearena.com/phones/size/Apple-iPhone-X,Apple-iPhone-8-Plus/

15. Duncanator thread starter macrumors 6502

Duncanator

Which storage option did you get? 64GB is all they have in my area and I quite frankly I have never used over 30GB on any device EVER. The money I saved went towards an apple case and tempered glass screen protector.

16. Starfyre macrumors 68030

Starfyre

Better things come to those who wait. That's a good mentality.

17. Irock619 macrumors 68000

Irock619

The X has a larger screen and longer battery life....oh wait never mind.

18. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

I hadn't been thinking about upgrading until reading all these threads. I told a co-worker today that if he would buy my 7+ I'd go out and get an 8+.

19. Duncanator thread starter macrumors 6502

Duncanator

Tis true but I wanted back on Apple. I’ll buy the X if I want it as I can luckily afford too. The 8+ will hold me over until then giving me plenty of time to decide.

20. OneMike macrumors 603

OneMike

Looks just like the 7 Plus that looks just like the 6S Plus that looks just like the 6 Plus that came out in.... 2014.

21. bambooshots macrumors 65816

bambooshots

People still care about what their phones look like?

The silicon and camera is a humongous bump over the previous iterations

22. titrau macrumors 65816

titrau

iphone X OLED

apple never bring oled and this is first time they must be really cool
    i would try ...wait is free ... why not

23. TravisPNW macrumors 6502a

TravisPNW

Apparently some still do care... as if 3 year old designs have no place in the tech world.

Personally I’m fine with the 8 Plus... just like I was with the 6s Plus for 2 years and the 6 Plus for a year before that. I’m sure there's a new phone design out there somewhere that will make me want to run right out and buy it... but the narrow notched annoy me to no end every time I look at it X ain’t it.

24. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

I don't mind the current design of the iPhone after four years, but for me, I'm ready for a change that offers something different with the current iPhone design. The iPhone X primarily has the smaller form factor, OLED display and glass Backing. That Doesn't sound like a lot of changes, but it's enough for me to appreciate to move away from the current iPhone 6/6S/7/8 chassis.

25. Zune55 macrumors 6502a

Zune55

You will be happy to 8, all glass body plus nice software features. ARKIt is cool.