Talk to a Supervisor = Get stuff done

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by clickclickw00t, Jun 24, 2011.

1. clickclickw00t macrumors regular

I called Applecare and asked to speak to a supervisor. I ordered my MBP on May 17th on the phone. I was told that there would be no back to school promo, but in the off chance there was one, I would have 30 days from TIME OF PURCHASE to call in and receive it.

I called in the day it came out, I was told I couldn't get it because it was 14 days. I called about 5 times, spoke to 5 representatives- nothing....

Today, a week later, I had some free time and decided to try again. Called up and immediately asked to speak to a superviser because I was "disconnected". After being on hold for about 30 minutes (probably due to the 10.6.8 update everyone has been struggling with), I talked to a superviser who helped me out by giving me a free magic mouse and keyboard. Not bad huh?

I only did this because I was told by the phone sales rep that I would have 30 days, not 14.

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

14 days has been the long stated return period for apple products. I'm not saying you should have known that but if they told you 30, then it was a lie. Also they've done a back to school special now for years. Personally I would have waited a bit longer if that was an option.

One positive thing to look at this, is the fact that you didn't miss out on a free ipod touch since they're not offing that but rather 100 dollar gift card to buy apps. Its quite lame and to be honest not something that would motivate me towards a purchase.

3. Orlandoech macrumors 68040

Orlandoech

I did the same thing, I ordered May 24th but I got FREE Bose Companion2 Series II speakers!!!! :D

4. clickclickw00t thread starter macrumors regular

I did not want to return the product as I know the return policy is 14 days and have known for 5 years. However, back to school promo is different and I assumed it would be the same as the lion upgrade (30 days) from purchase.
    The $100 itunes card is crap because I buy all my music as CDs and then rip them because I like ALAC. The magic mouse and keyboard combo is much better because its worth more @ $140+tax+shipping

5. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Yeah you certainly made out on the deal with the mouse/keyboard option. The 100 gift card is lame, especially compared to MS giving away Xboxs

6. clickclickw00t thread starter macrumors regular

$300 off an iPad would have been ideal, even though I already have one.

Free itouch woulda been sold by me instantly.

7. hcho3 macrumors 68030

Dear People.... who are still crying about 100 dollars gift card...

This is first time I have ever seen microsoft doing this promo.

And there is no way apple will give a discount on iPad. The iPad 2 is still on back order including US for 1-2 weeks. Why give discount on product that you are selling as soon as you are making them?

Also, this promotion only applies to students and faculty members. I doubt all of you are students or teachers.

8. clickclickw00t thread starter macrumors regular

I'm a United States college student..

9. randomrazr macrumors 65816

really?

if i talk to a supervisor can he get my macbook replaceed?

i bought a brand new 2011 macbook pro in march

right out of the box there were finescuff marks ont he far right side of the lid. unoticable but decided to enjy my new machine. a week later the hinge started to make a clicking/crackling sound. and another wee k later i noticed dust under the screen

there minor issues but i paid nearly 2 grand for this. i talked to a rep and the best they offered me was mail in repair.

i want the flawless machine i initially paid for but he said they could.

would i have better luck with a supervisor?

10. th3goob macrumors regular

i just called, i recieved the $100 dollar gift card,BUT the guy on the phone said i wont be able to get lion for free because the back to school program was before the lion conference at wwdc...guess ill call back when lion is closer

11. awer25 macrumors 65816

awer25

One way to find out...

12. awer25 macrumors 65816

awer25

I doubt a low-level CS rep is going to actually stop you from getting Lion.

13. th3goob macrumors regular

Not going to lie he was also a ******, i was reading my serial number to him and he didnt catch it all and he gave a big ugh to me, but the lady b4 him was pretty nice

14. ThirtyThr33 macrumors 6502

ThirtyThr33

You got a brand new MBP with scuffs and a dusty screen and didn't freak out? I admire your patience and gratefulness