Talk to me about iphone TV

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by WannaApple?, Jul 12, 2008.

1. WannaApple? macrumors 6502a

I've seen some vague posts made here and there about people watching TV on their iphones, whether by using apps, AppleTV...whatever that is, or some other options. I would be very interested in hearing more about this as there are a lot of shows that I watch that are not available on itunes.

So, are there any options for being able to watch TV on an iphone? Even if I have to buy a slingbox, or some other contraption?

2. steveapp macrumors member

I dont know about iPhone TV but i know in the UK at least you can watch things over BBC iPlayer though it needs Wifi - the quality is great and you can watch almost any BBC program from the past 7 days

3. Kadman macrumors 65816

Kadman

I have a Slingbox and would love for a SlingPlayer app to be available. I don't check in too often with their site but the last time I did they were working on a player for Blackberry devices (they already have one for WinMob devices).

4. markgamber macrumors 6502

Sling Media showed a "proof of concept" at WWDC so I'd have to guess that they're working on a Slingplayer client for iPhone. When? Don't hold your breath. Sling Media makes good stuff but they are SSSSLLLLOOOOWWWW. But at least there's something.