Talkatone & Custom Ringtones

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by jmine83, Nov 7, 2013.

1. jmine83 macrumors member

It has come to my understanding that since the release of iOS 6, that custom ringtones in third-party apps is no longer supported. Hence why Talkatone doesn't allow custom ringtones anymore. I was wondering, however, if there is a hack or jailbreak-related workaround for this. Anybody know?

2. eyoungren, Nov 7, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2013

eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Well, if you can jailbreak (iOS 6.1.2 or less) you can use iFile to access the filesystem. I imagine you could go into the Talkatone app and add a few sound files. I'd have to take a look myself to see how they set it up, but it might be possible.

Other than jailbreaking, I don't see any way you could do this. There's an app for Mac that lets you partially access non-jailbroken iPhones but I'm not sure you can do anything with the app.

EDIT: Hmm…there's a ringtones folder inside the app folder itself. I placed a wav file in there and also in the app folder itself, but Talkatone didn't see it. The default ringtones are .caff files (AIFF) so I may try later with an AIFF file and see what happens.