Taller feet on Macbook Pro - Better Air Flow...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by olletsocmit, Jul 13, 2015.

1. olletsocmit macrumors 6502

olletsocmit

I have always noticed that if i lift the back of my MacBook Pro even the slightest big up from my desk it gets so much more air flow. even 1-2 mm makes a huge air flow difference. The black little flat feet on the Macbook pro are too flat. it would be nice if the back ones were just a little bit taller. I have looked for hours and nothing... not one makes feet that will fit the stock hole in the Mac. there are just crappy plastic Chinese feet to put your mac on... If you take the stock feet out, the pattern is so easy to match but make taller. Does anyone know anyone makes something nice to lift the back a little?

2. Cuniac macrumors 6502a

I have thought the same thing. I just ordered the Tech21 Case for my MBP the hard shell is going to raise the MBP a tiny bit and leave the vents open. I think it may provide better air flow as well as protection :). But I will know for sure on Wednesday.

3. happyfrappy macrumors 6502

Apple did use slightly taller feet on the Aluminum PowerBook G4/MacBook Pro pre-unibody, headache with those raised feet was they would catch on bags and fall off after two years in most cases. I'm still using a cMBP, having a shell gave more height for the air vent to pull in more air.

If someone wants to raise their Mac up a few extra MM, you can buy varying height stick-on rubber feet at art/craft stores and get the same job done--I had done that with my old 12" PowerBook G4.

4. campyguy macrumors 68030

I use my trusty old "Engineering Formulas" book, 6th Ed., by Kurt and Reiner Gieck. Printed in the old "West Germany", it turned 25 years old this year.

When I'm not using it for the Production Engineering or Machine Parts sections, it does double duty to prop up the back of my rMBP so it's angled toward me. :D

5. olletsocmit thread starter macrumors 6502

olletsocmit

Post pics here when u get it. Also temp dif.

6. olletsocmit thread starter macrumors 6502

olletsocmit

You guys know what I'm talking about thou right... Would be so easy for someone to take a stock flat black foot to a company and have them make ones that are 3 mm taller and look stock.

7. Dark Void macrumors 68030

Dark Void

Why don't you just elevate it in another manner?

8. Samuelsan2001 macrumors 603

You could try some sugru and just build it up yourself.

https://sugru.com/buy/pitch-black-8-pack

9. Mr. Chewbacca macrumors 6502a

Mr. Chewbacca

10. Cuniac macrumors 6502a

11. Mr. Chewbacca macrumors 6502a

Mr. Chewbacca

Ya, I lol'd at that. I got it more to keep it out of harms way if someone were to spill water on the table and to increase airflow. The dustcover were also nice. Pretty sure the HDMI one will stay in.

12. The Unseen macrumors member

The Unseen

I have simply grabbed one of my daughter's little bouncing balls , splitted it in two equal parts with a cutter, and I put the two under the Mac.