Tandy Microcomputer Emulator

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by Dronecatcher, Sep 30, 2017.

1. Dronecatcher macrumors 68030

Dronecatcher

2. swamprock macrumors 6502a

swamprock

Looks like a Tandy 100 portable. I remember seeing one at Radio Shack as a kid, and whipping up a quick space shooter in BASIC for it using an algorithm my buddy Ray and I designed on the TRS-80 Model III. The clerk was pretty impressed. I still remember that algorithm, full of gosubs and gotos... ugh :)

3. Dronecatcher thread starter macrumors 68030

Dronecatcher

Yes, it's the 100, 102 & 200 - not the TRS-80, still fun though. I used it to run a BASIC program I wrote on the Tandy 200 to illustrate Einstein's time dilation theory to my daughter.

4. swamprock macrumors 6502a

swamprock

It used almost the same dialect of BASIC that the Model III did. I don't remember if Microsoft did the BASIC or not. I remember that I just had to find the character codes (via a for-next loop and printing out chr$), and plugged our shooting subroutine into it. The difference was that there were only eight lines of screen, so I made it a side shooter :)

(I find it funny how I can remember something like that from 30+ years ago, but can't ever remember someone's name or where I parked the car...)

5. Dronecatcher thread starter macrumors 68030

Dronecatcher

If it's any consolation I'm exactly the same :)