Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Delirium39

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 19, 2008
Hello, I'm the developer of the game TanZen, and I don't usually post here about game updates, but I've just released version 1.5 of TanZen, which has a major new feature, which may interest those who thought TanZen was too easy in the past.

New features:

- Masters Mode! Already finished all the current puzzles in TanZen? Are all the puzzles too easy for you? Masters Mode is for you! No more hints. No more puzzle shadows to guide you. All you're getting is a thumbnail image in the corner, and the rest is up to you! When you think you've got it solved, simply double tap in an open area of the screen to see if you're correct. If you're close, your pieces will center themselves against an enlarged puzzle shadow. TanZen will decide if you're complete, and if not, it gives you the opportunity to make any final adjustments. Watch the included Masters tutorial for a walkthrough. Some players wanted TanZen to be even more like the real game of tangrams, and this is it! Good luck, puzzle masters!

- New background music and puzzle completion sound! With the help of Atomicon, TanZen now has a soothing, yet catchy, track to get you into the Zen mood, and a new puzzle completion sound to go with it! And yes, you can turn the music off, or even use your own music. Simply turn off the music on the Options screen, and start your own music outside the game, before starting TanZen.

- Puzzles Reset! Want to start the game over, by erasing all your current progress? Just go to the Info screen, and choose the reset button to clear all the puzzles at once! Don't worry, you'll be given a confirmation warning, so no accidental resetting will happen.

- Tap in an open area of the screen to deselect a piece! Don't like having a piece selected all the time, and you don't want to wait for the selection to timeout? Simply tap in an open area to deselect the current piece.

- What's New startup screen! Forgot to read the release notes for the latest update? No problem! Learn what's new with each update when you start the game for the first time. And no nag screens later on. This is a first run only screen.

I hope everyone enjoys the update! If you don't see version 1.5 yet, give it an hour or two. The servers are still catching up!

Have fun!

Delirium39

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 19, 2008
Looks good. Do you have any promo codes so that i can try on.

Thanks

I may be running a promotion at a later date. But there is a Lite version of the game, which will be updated to version 1.5 sometime tomorrow, if you'd like to give that a go. It's the exact same game, just fewer puzzles.

iFerd

macrumors 6502a
Jul 20, 2007
Looks good. Do you have any promo codes so that i can try on.
That seems a bit weak for a request of a developer who has a free lite version so you can try it. It's also only a buck for the full version, worth every cent. I bought it for $2.99 and never regretted it. (Except for wishing I got it for 99 cents!)

Just do it!

hogfaninga

macrumors 65816
Aug 16, 2008
Chestnut Tree Cafe
This is one of the, if not the best, developers in the app store. They always update it to make it better. I think they should bump up the price because right now it is way too low for all the updates they do. Thanks to the dev. for making things better and better. I didn't realize it could get any better. Keep up the great work.

Delirium39

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 19, 2008
app that just keeps getting better with each update.

You're welcome, Stylez Cz!

This is one of the, if not the best, developers in the app store. They always update it to make it better. I think they should bump up the price because right now it is way too low for all the updates they do. Thanks to the dev. for making things better and better. I didn't realize it could get any better. Keep up the great work.

Thanks for the kind words, hogfaninga!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.