Tap Tap Revenge NIN Edition OUT!

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by ZMRoach, Oct 29, 2008.

1. blurredline macrumors 6502

blurredline

Hell yeah! So stoked for this! Downloading now.

2. ZiggyPastorius macrumors 68040

ZiggyPastorius

I've waited since the day they announced this, checking iTunes every goddamn day. Now, the day comes, and Apple ****ed up my billing information. Perfectly good card, but can I use it? Of course not. I have $4.20 credit on my account, all I need is the 79 cents. Ugh, I'm so mad right now, but so glad it's out.

Edit: GOT IT! F YEAH!

3. WickedFall macrumors newbie

Will definitely consider getting this, anyone have details on if it's any good?

4. blurredline macrumors 6502

blurredline

I'm loving it so far. And every time you get more than 150,000 points on a song you're automatically entered in a draw to win a Les Paul guitar signed by Trent Reznor.

5. SkippyThorson macrumors 65816

SkippyThorson

That is awesome. Any odds it would be moved to free or merged into the original TapTap at a later date? I'm a cheap sod - I had to ask.:)

6. Luap macrumors 65816

Luap

It seems a little ironic that NiN are somewhat well known for dishing out material for nothing. And then you get this game, Tap Tap revenge, a popular free game for the iPhone..
    So, put the 2 together and you get!? A $4.99 game..

7. websyndicate macrumors regular

They deserve the money. Time and efforts are much appreciated. Think of it as showing your support

8. WickedFall macrumors newbie

Agreed. $5 is a reasonable price for the content.

9. ZiggyPastorius macrumors 68040

ZiggyPastorius

It's a great game. If you like NIN, I'd get it, as this version is so much more enjoyable to me than the original. Very smooth, good gameplay, good music. Can't get much better.

I know the chances of me winning it are slim, but with the 100+ 150,000+ point submissions I've already made, plus the fact that I've got the number one score in many of the songs and am in the top 5 of most others...I'm feeling a bit cocky ;)

Perhaps it's a bit ironic on the surface, but there's a few things to consider:

First, it's Tapulous setting the price, not Trent Reznor.
    Second, they're giving out free stuff.
    Third, they worked hard to create this and other applications. It'd be nice if everything was free, but I think giving the original app out for free and selling special editions is a good way to go about the distribution of these games.

I don't know, that's just how I think of it. Yes, Trent is gung-ho about the whole free distribution thing and all that...but that doesn't mean he thinks everything in the world should be free.

10. spyker3292 macrumors 65816

When I heard that TTR was coming to the app store, I was sure it would cost something. For a nice amount of great songs, $5 is nothing.

11. iMeat macrumors member

Yup its well worth it

12. DreamPod macrumors 65816

Did they fix the crappy framerate? In the free TTR, the framerate is sometimes so bad as to affect gameplay. I wouldn't want to pay for it if it still did that.