Tap to Chat 2 for Facebook and Google Talk

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by crut, May 23, 2011.

1. crut macrumors regular

Hey everyone

Myself and a good friend Nick Kuh, have recently released Tap to Chat 2 for iPhone, iPod touch and iPad [universal] which is a complete rebuild from the ground up - new UI, new network stack, accessibility support, Google Talk support and more.

[​IMG]

You can check out more screen shots and the amusing video we made on http://www.osmosisapps.com or have a look at the app store http://itunes.apple.com/app/tap-to-chat-2-for-facebook/id437786313?mt=8

It's currently on sale at half price for the first two weeks, so if you want a bargain, snap it up now.

On the way is MSN, AIM and more network support.

Anyway, hope you like what we've done!

2. petrucci666 macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

Promos so we can test it out? PM me, thanks?

3. cinca macrumors regular

Looks great.. I really like the overall UI layout and the design is sharp. Watching the movie on your site had me also appreciating the transitions between conversations..

Unfortunately I am a bit of a IM hobo and have picked up friends and ex-coworkers that are scattered across all the major IM programs/protocols so I need something that is going to support all of them.. I currently use BeeJive and mostly love it because it support aim, google, yahoo and msn. I am not a Facebook person (chat or otherwise) but if i were gonna come outta the gate with an IM program like you guys and could only support one or two protocols Facebook would definitely be at the top of that list from a business perspective so I think you guys are headed in the right direction.

Hopefully you will round out your app with all of the other protocols and give beejive and IM+ a run for their money because they are really the only game in town and your interface looks much stronger. (although I would like to see an "all online contact" view that eliminates the need go slide between IM protocols).

Best of luck..!

4. mrtibbs macrumors newbie

I started using IMO and there's not going back ....best new IM app out there

5. crut thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the feedback - we are in the process of polishing off the MSN and AIM support. With MSN being the most mature and the one going to head into the next update.

Yahoo is on the list for once those are done.

6. cinca macrumors regular

Cool.. Well keep the world updated and when you are a healthy competitor to BeeJive I think people will REALLY take notice as I feel like people would love a more polished alternative..!

7. kicko, May 24, 2011
    Last edited: May 24, 2011

kicko macrumors 65816

I wanted to test this out too but i couldn't bring myself to buy it because i use more MSN then anything, followed by Google, FB, Yahoo.

Maybe when more account types are added I will but the UI looks great!!

Update: I can appreciate new and worthy apps, I like what you guys are doing here. I just purchased the app and you have my support and look forward to updates!

I'm a bit baffled by the response I got from my brother, i dont believe it was actually him. I also don't see notifications settings, am i missing something?

8. cinca macrumors regular

Yikes.. No notifications..!?! That'd be a deal breaker for me... :-/.

Are there just no settings/options or are there not even notifications... I always login in the morning and depend on having pop-up notifications throughout my day....

9. asjhust macrumors newbie

10. crut thread starter macrumors regular

We are currently doing internal testing of MSN - should be rolled out in an update soon after WWDC has ended.

Background push notifications are currently being worked on, but as I'm sure anyone can imagine, building a secure, scale systems that works efficiently is no easy task.

11. cinca macrumors regular

Good luck with MSN integration...

And while I am sure it's no easy task to build out a secure notification system (and not to sound kinda harsh) but to be honest I would say any IM client for the iPhone or the iPad without background notifications is kinda unusable. We are supposed to leave our iPads and iPhones on, all the time, running just our IM app so that we don't miss a message from our friends..? I would make this the absolute priority on your feature roadmap as without it (IMHO) your app just plain doesn't work -- whether you support 15 chat protocols or even one..