Tap-to-click doesnt work when the time is changed

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by coolquasar, Dec 24, 2008.

1. coolquasar macrumors member

Hi guys,

I found a bug in the Mac OS X 10.5.6 (the bug was in 10.5.5 as well).
    "Tap to click" is enabled in the trackpad preferences. Now, when the time is changed in the "Date n Time" preferences, the tap to click doesnt work. Dunno why this happens. The work around is to uncheck and re-check the "tap-to-click" in the trackpad preferences.

The issue actually happens when the meridian is changed, like changin frm AM to PM or vice versa.

I found the issue in Macbook aluminum. I guess this issue is in the pro version as well...Need to chk it out....;)

2. SuperSnake2012 macrumors 6502a

How often are you changing your time in the preferences that this is an issue? :confused:

3. Bengt77 macrumors 68000

Bengt77

Heh heh... :p

4. coolquasar thread starter macrumors member

When i boot into windows n when i boot back to Mac OS X, the time is totally changed, so this forces me to change the time, n so the issue...:p

5. coolquasar thread starter macrumors member

but, why does the time change when we boot back frm xp to Mac OS X??
    Isnt the Apple OS Time serv service supposed to sync the time between the OSes??

6. likemyorbs macrumors 68000

likemyorbs

yeah i just tried to do it and it worked, weird glitch. but it fixed itself, i didnt even have to go to system preferences.

7. Tygernoot macrumors member

I noticed the same issue on my girlfriend's new macbook when it was rebooted from Windows to OSX. First there was no problem but all of a sudden (so I suppose after automatically syncing the time) the tap to click didn't work anymore.

Very weird, but now at least I know where it's coming from :)

8. dominordelingua macrumors member

Something similar to this is happening right now with my MB. I still have tap-to-click and the time is still correct by now, all of a sudden, none of the three and four finger multitouch functions work. It's kind of annoying, and I'm still not sure how to fix it.

Strange, huh?

9. Bengt77 macrumors 68000

Bengt77

Just set both Mac OS X and Windows to sync their time with a central time server. That way, the time shouldn't be a problem. I remember having this problem with Windows XP, but since I got Vista everything is fine.