Tap to click much less responsive with 10.6.1

Discussion in 'macOS' started by technopimp, Sep 11, 2009.

1. technopimp macrumors 6502a

I updated to 10.6.1 last night...ever since then, I've noticed that tap-to-click seems to be much less responsive, if that makes sense. I guess it seems less sensitive, in that before it never "missed" a click when I tapped my finger anywhere on the trackpad. Now it seems like I'm tapping 2-3 times to get it to recognize. Has anyone else noticed this? There is no where to adjust the sensitivity, and since I am a big use of this feature I'm finding it really, really annoying.

2. dangermou5e macrumors member

weirdly enough, ive noticed this on my mouse, which is like brand new :S
    bought a brand new imac last month, and got it with a mighty mouse, i too am now having to almost smash it to get my clicks recognised :s considering buying a windows mouse, which will be devastating :/

3. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

I've noticed this too. Before 10.6.1 it was a little too sensitive, as it would click when I didn't mean to. Now it's not sensitive enough. Oh well I'll just get used to it.

4. technopimp thread starter macrumors 6502a

I don't think I can get used to it...I literally had to click 5 times to get the "quote" button to click. WTF did they do to this thing? Can I uninstall the update? I can't deal with this...

5. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

You can reinstall the OS back down to 10.6.0

I would just disable touch to click, and learn how to use your thumb to depress the trackpad for a click.