Tap to Click (Trackpad)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by syunysi, Apr 24, 2011.

1. syunysi macrumors newbie

hi everyone, I've searched this issue across forums and quite a lot of people using different apple machines seem to have the same problem about the tap to click, so I would to bring this issue up again. My macbook pro 15 is about a month old, about 2-3 days ago, I realised that the tap to click stopped working occasionally, after a few tries, it did work again but it's very annoying, so I now switched back to the mouse click. The drawback of using mouse click is that it's very noisy if you are in library or at a quiet office. Is there anyone having the same problem? Is it a hardware (trackpad) issue or software (OSX) issue? Thanks!

2. S-mac-k macrumors member

My daughters macbook always you to tap to click. From the first minute I owned my MBP, 2011, I tried to do this and guess what? Didn't do it. This is a MBP, not a MB & sings an dances. There must be a function in the settings that you can change? I have all the other functions on the trackpad that I'm aware of. Just not tap to click.

3. S-mac-k macrumors member

Lol, go to settings, trackpad & its there. Highlight the tick box next to it and there you go! Thanks for your post. I wouldn't have bothered checking that up so we've solved our problems. Ta ta.

4. S-mac-k macrumors member

I just re-read your post. Sorry. I'm new to Mac. Well, haven't had one since my performa when i was 13 & i'm 29.

5. ratzzo macrumors 6502a

ratzzo

Have you tried the following?

System Preferences > Trackpad (under Hardware) > Tap to Click (under One Finger)

As far as I remember, my MBP didn't come with this option as default. You have to enable it on your own.

James

edit: woah what happened when I wrote this there were only two replies :)

6. S-mac-k macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8G4 Safari/6533.18.5)

lol